Whistler Advice

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 4:22 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
135 posts
19 upvotes

Whistler Advice

Will be staying in Whistler for three nights with my two teenagers. Any suggestions for things to do in the area that are not too expensive. Most of the activities out of Blackcomb seem very over priced. Will likely spend one day in Squamish.

Is the Peak 2 Peak worth it for $200 for a family of four? Can you take the regular gondola to the top if we want to see the glacier? Thanks for the help.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3894 posts
1152 upvotes
jimmyho56 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 7:26 am
Will be staying in Whistler for three nights with my two teenagers. Any suggestions for things to do in the area that are not too expensive. Most of the activities out of Blackcomb seem very over priced. Will likely spend one day in Squamish.

Is the Peak 2 Peak worth it for $200 for a family of four? Can you take the regular gondola to the top if we want to see the glacier? Thanks for the help.
I think the gondolas are totally worth it but make sure you allocate a full day to get your money's worth and wear good footwear as you may need to cross some uneven terrain during your adventures. If you decide to save your money, walking around the Whistler Village can be fun also. It feels very much like a resort atmosphere with lots of places to eat or enjoy the scenery.

P.S. You may be able to pick up some kind of gift cards at Costco that will save you money on the gondolas. I haven't purchased or used these myself so can't say firsthand but I could have swore I saw these for sale at Costco.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
135 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks for the tips and links. I assume these are Vancouver Costcos only?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)