• Feb 15th, 2009 5:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes

White Belts

I recently got a white leather belt but I was just wondering if I wore it with a dark denim jean, would the dye bleed on to my belt? I don't want to ruin the whiteness of it lol.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
what material is your belt?

it should be ok if your jeans are prewashed (or if you've washed it before).
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
Oh my mistake, it's a leather belt. I already know for pre-washed jeans that it won't bleed but I'm talking more about raw denim such as Nudies for example.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I'm pretty sure it will bleed/stain. Even if you wear a white t-shirt you'll see some blue marks where it rubs your jeans. I wouldn't risk it.
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
sPiKyAZN wrote: I'm pretty sure it will bleed/stain. Even if you wear a white t-shirt you'll see some blue marks where it rubs your jeans. I wouldn't risk it.
+1, don't risk it.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Aug 30, 2004
228 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Doesn't matter if the jeans or pre-washed or not, there's still a chance of the dye getting on the belt. I have a white leather belt that is blue from my pre-washed/pre-distressed jeans.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke
it will rub off a little bit on the outer edges but not onto the face of the belt itself, you will be fine.
Jun 21, 2006
282 posts
Definitely, the color will come off even with prewashed jeans.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
It WILL DEFINITELY bleed, I know it from first hand experience so don't risk it at all if you wanna keep you're belt in mint condition.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks for the replies and I guess I won't risk it. Just in case I do get some denim stains on it, couldn't I just use the magic eraser or something similar to get rid of the marks?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke
if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the belt and what kind of belt is it?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote: if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the belt and what kind of belt is it?
It was just a plain Buffalo one I got from Winners at $15. It's just a belt since I don't have any white belts yet in my collection haha.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke
calcuu wrote: It was just a plain Buffalo one I got from Winners at $15. It's just a belt since I don't have any white belts yet in my collection haha.
i would say that for $15 you should just go ahead and wear it with the darker denim if you think it will look good. if the belt has some color on it then whatever, you can get another one after a while since it will likely start cracking and stretching anyway.
i don't get why people buy things (shoes especially) and keep them in a box to cherish them. i have a couple friends who do this
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
haha no I don't cherish any of my clothing that much. I wear everything I buy it's just that I don't like to get anything dirty when I just bought it. This goes for anything from cheap clothing to expensive clothing I have in my wardrobe.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)