• Aug 28th, 2018 9:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1014 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto

Who can I complain to about pamphlets left on cars

We all see them after a day of shopping or clubbing only to find leaflets wedged in a window or left under a wiper.

My wife works in the same building as the main office of UBER. Every day when she is done work she sees a leaflet left by LYFT wedged in her window. Every time it rains it's utterly impossible to pull the paper out without it ripping and having the remainder piece stuck inside the window.

Is there a place or an authority I can complain to or am I SOL?
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6570 posts
2677 upvotes
ON
Faemow wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 8:03 pm
We all see them after a day of shopping or clubbing only to find leaflets wedged in a window or left under a wiper.

My wife works in the same building as the main office of UBER. Every day when she is done work she sees a leaflet left by LYFT wedged in her window. Every time it rains it's utterly impossible to pull the paper out without it ripping and having the remainder piece stuck inside the window.

Is there a place or an authority I can complain to or am I SOL?
Call the phone number on the pamphlet ??
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1033 posts
554 upvotes
Etobicoke
They are doing nothing wrong, just creating waste I guess. There is no one to complain to. Just take it out and throw it in the recycling bin, not on the parking lot
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1643 posts
218 upvotes
Markham
Horror of horrors. Wet paper on the windshield. Try 911
Feb 25, 2015
975 posts
335 upvotes
York Region
Could be worse. Could of been those Russian who place impossible to remove stickers on the windshields of dbags who drive on pedestrian walkways to bypass traffic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1014 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Guess I am SOL.
Project 708
Architectural Pencil Pusher
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10215 posts
4841 upvotes
Toronto
Aye, #FirstWorldProblems
CocoJambo wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 10:16 pm
First world problem....

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5019 posts
1320 upvotes
Aurora
So why don't you complain to https://www.lyft.com/ that their annoying windshield ads are causing you annoyance? What is there to lose?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20027 posts
3944 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I leave them on the parking lot. Eventually the owners of the lot will do something about it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2037 posts
383 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
complain to the number on the pamphlet
Hi
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2037 posts
383 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I was doing some outdoor work once in this plaza parking lot, and saw a car pull up to a spot, then two guys came out with stacks of flyers and they waited till there were very little people in the parking lot and they started going one by one putting them on the windshields of everyones car. I was busy working at the job I was asked to do so I could not intervene untill my break time.

Finally it was my break time and I see the two guys going to a pizza restaurant in the plaza probably for lunch or something so what do I do? I go to as many cars as I can and rip off the flyers and collect as many as i can. I went to the car the guys drove in and shoved all the flyers under their windshield wipers, then went back into my building, went to the upstairs office to look out the window and saw them come back from their lunch to their car and have a puzzled look on their car, they took out the flyers and threw them in the garbage and drove away in frustration. haha hashtag winning
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5167 posts
616 upvotes
Toronto
this is the only solution to this first world problem

Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10819 posts
363 upvotes
Remove your wiper blades when leaving your car unattended.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1464 posts
224 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote:
Aug 17th, 2018 9:33 am
I was doing some outdoor work once in this plaza parking lot, and saw a car pull up to a spot, then two guys came out with stacks of flyers and they waited till there were very little people in the parking lot and they started going one by one putting them on the windshields of everyones car. I was busy working at the job I was asked to do so I could not intervene untill my break time.

Finally it was my break time and I see the two guys going to a pizza restaurant in the plaza probably for lunch or something so what do I do? I go to as many cars as I can and rip off the flyers and collect as many as i can. I went to the car the guys drove in and shoved all the flyers under their windshield wipers, then went back into my building, went to the upstairs office to look out the window and saw them come back from their lunch to their car and have a puzzled look on their car, they took out the flyers and threw them in the garbage and drove away in frustration. haha hashtag winning
what a use of your time to go to so many cars one by one..collect all the flyers and then put those on the said car....