• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2009 9:20 am
Tags:
None
May 29, 2008
140 posts
chindia

who do i ask for a price match?

Hey guys, who do i ask in the store for a price match? cashier? sales rep? manager? i want to price match at futureshop with walmart.

I don't have any ad flyers. so how do they verify the price? thanks for any info.

and what do you usually ask?, "this game is cheaper at walmart, could you guys price match?"

thanks for any info. this will be my first pricematch!
9 replies
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
25 upvotes
you say i just saw this item at walmart and it was $XXXX and he will say oh and it will probably proceed to look it up or he may even know already - once the guy said ok and he looked it up - the other time I asked about something and he told me it was priced lower at visions and would give me the price match - i had no clue it was on sale at visions
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
Just ask any sales person that works in the department you are looking to price match. If you don't have an ad, they'll look for it online - so if you can't prove it, you may be SOL. They might call Walmart but depends on how much they are willing to do to make the sale. Just tell them you want to price match an item you found at Walmart which is selling for cheaper.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
You generally need to be able to prove the price at the other store through a receipt, a flyer, or website. Some here have tried taking a photo of the store price sign. FS tries to deny PMs when you have the flyer or web page so I wouldn't even try without something that proved the price.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
You can ask the person that you pay for the product. If it is in the entertainment department you could ask there so that the cashier you pay does not hold up any line there might be trying to figure it out but generally it is better to ask them than the manager since the manager is more likely to try to come up with a reason not to do the PM.
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
31 upvotes
FS is the best place to PM, just go on there computers and show them the webpage! receipts wont work cuz its gotta b 'advertised'
E5200 @ 3.5200 Ghz BIOS 1.38125v 24/7 | Asus P5Q PRO | G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 8GB ram @ 853MHz on 2.10v | 1 TB Samsung F1 Spinpoint HD | 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 rpm| 1 TB WD1001FALS Black Caviar | Antec SONATA 500w Designer Case | BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0 | OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF | Samsung LN40A530 C(rappy) panel | Logitech G51 sound | Xbox 360 60gb | *PS3 w/ 263gb | Nintendo Wii LU37 | Vista Ultimate x64

/me wuz pwn3d by GAG forums lolz
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
4218 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
just be mentally prepared that they will deny the pm and get ready for a fight.
May 29, 2007
496 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kleptodathief wrote: FS is the best place to PM, just go on there computers and show them the webpage! receipts wont work cuz its gotta b 'advertised'
receipts work for BB. Just go to the cashier when you check out, and ask for PM. :)

I PM'ed once at BB (receipt) and once at FS (flyer). The FS cashier called someone and ask if they price match SUPERSTORE. I don't know why they ask that question.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Cashiers are usually the best. They have to keep the line moving, so they don't offer as much resistance. If they know how to do a PM, they sometimes will. Yes, they do often call the manager, but even then you get to argue in front of other customers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
Sprite_TM wrote: just be mentally prepared that they will deny the pm and get ready for a fight.
You've gotta fight for the right to price match!