• May 13th, 2007 11:23 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 18, 2006
154 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver

Who does NCIX pricematch?

Hey guys, I am a big fan of NCIX and always buy my computer parts from them.
However, I am always looking for the best deal (while buying from NCIX) so I was wondering if anyone had a list of retailers (particular online one's) that have good prices and that NCIX usually pricematches.

For example, local stores that ncix pricematches are:
www.atic.ca
www.anitec.ca

and I think they price match tigerdirect.ca as well...

so does anyone have a list of retailers (particular online one's) that have good prices and that NCIX usually pricematches?

Thanks
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
from what i heard, you can give them almost any website and they will price match it. I never heard of anyone getting denied before.
Sep 30, 2006
56 posts
Vancouver
Badman wrote: from what i heard, you can give them almost any website and they will price match it. I never heard of anyone getting denied before.
i PM'ed CompuSmart.com and got denied. It was for a Targus laptop bag.
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4849 upvotes
Burnaby
NCIX PM is quite random. They will PM as long as they are still earning profit from the sale.

I've had one or two things denied before, but it's fairly rare. They will PM DirectCanada practically every time.
Apr 18, 2006
154 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
OK anyone know who are the cheap canadian online resellers that I might get NCIX to pricematch? (I understand NCIX reserves the right not to PM, just wondering which cheap places I can compare prices too).

I know tigerdirect.ca is one, anyone know a few others with lots of selection and good prices?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3786 posts
271 upvotes
Montreal
I like their pm policy. They are not obliged to pm (like FS, BB and staples allegedly are, according to their PM agreements) they simply offer it as a courtesy if it remains profitable for them.

Basically they won't pm things that are ridiculously marked down. The targus bag is a good example - if a random store (big stores so this) decides to take a bag down to 39.99 from 99.99 chances are NCIX won't match it, since it's obvious the other store is selling very close or below cost just to clear out merchandise.

EDIT: As usual, items have to be in stock at the competitor for PM to apply.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
I just received an order from NCIX where I pricematched an AMD X2 4800 Dual core processor.
The price at Anitec was about $165 and the original NCIX price was about $256 - saved about $95 on the pricematch.
They accepted it - took about a day to get the email.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2827 posts
512 upvotes
Montreal
I p'med with ATIC what must have been a price error on an ATI 9600 video card when they first came out. ATIC managed to fix the price on their website long before the PM was approved, and NCIX still PM'd it anyways.

too bad ATIC prices aren't insanely cheap anymore, they used to be excellent for PMing against NCIX and I never got refused.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: They dont' really deny against stores, as long as they're legit. Rather, they deny because it's under their cost.
Sounds like BB/FS. Good policy.
Apr 18, 2006
154 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
Drew_W wrote: Sounds like BB/FS. Good policy.
It's a VERY fair policy that NCIX has, but my original question is which online websites should I use to look for good prices when attempting to price match at NCIX (since I buy all my computer stuff from NCIX because of their good customer service, selection, and price matching policy.).

So far I have the following list:

www.atic.ca
www.anitec.ca

www.directcanada.com
www.tigerdirect.ca

Any other goood websites to use as reference for prices?
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10715 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
Just use pricecanada.com.

Also I'm pretty certain that if the price is within a certain margin, it's automatically accepted. They're not going to pay someone to verify every single pricematch so even pricematches with out-of-stock or limited quantity items or even bogus URLs can go through.
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: 6TB HDD, Pixel 2, Phanteks LP cooler, free stuff
MY HEATWARE
Aug 6, 2005
26 posts
3 upvotes
BC
crimsona wrote: NCIX PM is quite random. They will PM as long as they are still earning profit from the sale.

I've had one or two things denied before, but it's fairly rare. They will PM DirectCanada practically every time.

They never price matched DirectCanada for me, probably tried 10 times now. It will always be 5-10 dollars more than Directcanada prices because they say you have to pay for shipping, even though they are the same owner, they can't just ship it to their own store and you pick it up in store. Very ******** IMHO.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10715 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
loadedxxx wrote: They never price matched DirectCanada for me, probably tried 10 times now. It will always be 5-10 dollars more than Directcanada prices because they say you have to pay for shipping, even though they are the same owner, they can't just ship it to their own store and you pick it up in store. Very ******** IMHO.
DirectCanada pricematches will go through EVERY TIME if you order/pricematch online. Pick it up at the NCIX location of your choice.
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: 6TB HDD, Pixel 2, Phanteks LP cooler, free stuff
MY HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
2607 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
loadedxxx wrote: They never price matched DirectCanada for me, probably tried 10 times now. It will always be 5-10 dollars more than Directcanada prices because they say you have to pay for shipping, even though they are the same owner, they can't just ship it to their own store and you pick it up in store. Very ******** IMHO.
Are you trying to PM in store or online? I'd be very surprised if they'd be denying online PMs with DirectCanada.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Amourek wrote: DirectCanada pricematches will go through EVERY TIME if you order/pricematch online. Pick it up at the NCIX location of your choice.
Yup. Actually, I find that DC PMs get accepted within an hour or two. It's like they automate PMs with DC to be automatic or something.. :P
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Banned
Feb 9, 2007
18 posts
If you google "pcheck" there's a price comparison site that is local to BC (pcheck dot net). NCIX should certainly match anyone listed there. There's like 50 stores indexed there and you can search all their inventory.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1400 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
how does the pricematch work..do i just start pricematch? or do i have to order it for the request to go through?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)