• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2016 10:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
I think people put them early is to avoid line ups or scheduling by garages.

DIY people wait until it actually snows!
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
DealCanuck wrote: I think people put them early is to avoid line ups or scheduling by garages.

DIY people wait until it actually snows!
I did mine today. DIY people either do it really early while it's still warm, or really late
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
I think I'm gonna put them on this weekend. I see temps are in the low single digits below 7C starting Sunday.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
I had new Blizzak winter tires installed at Costco two weeks ago. Then it got warm (10-20+ deg) for a week and a half. A couple of weeks before my tire installation, we had 4-6 inches of snow. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Dave
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
With the weather in southern ontario today, I'd say now is the time to put on snow tires. I put mine on yesterday, and I'm glad I did. Just this afternoon, a car pulled out without seeing my car, and the Xi3 helped me swerve with no traction loss. Something I'm sure my Pirelli P7s would have lost traction in for sure. Day 1 of snow tires, and they already payed for themselves. It's not worth the time or money getting caught up in an accident even when its not your fault
Aug 11, 2004
391 posts
69 upvotes
Well had the winters put on my wife's car on Friday. Called the insurance company to receive the discount. They advised me tires have to be on Nov 1 to Apr 30 ...Wow
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
accat13 wrote: Well had the winters put on my wife's car on Friday. Called the insurance company to receive the discount. They advised me tires have to be on Nov 1 to Apr 30 ...Wow
They don't really check... They just ask if its on from nov1-apr... Yes or no.

Anyways... It seems like i actually timed it perfectly. Its consistent single digits right after. With the odd afternoon it creeps to around 10.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5100 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UrbanPoet wrote: They don't really check... They just ask if its on from nov1-apr... Yes or no.
What kind of advice is that? They don't check anything, that doesn't mean you can lie. If you get into an accident and they find out from the report you had the wrong tires, say hello to insurance fraud.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)