Shopping Discussion

Who else is still waiting on Koodo shipping phones from Black Friday?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 7:04 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
553 posts
375 upvotes
SURREY

Who else is still waiting on Koodo shipping phones from Black Friday?

Still waiting for a shipping notice on my P20 Pro plus watch. Order was verified on the 22nd but still no shipping yet. Pretty sure I’m not alone
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
57 replies
Nov 18, 2013
32 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Same here. Ordered on 21st at 7pm and approved the 22nd in the morning. Still waiting for it to be shipped.

Ordered P20 pro twilight + watch in GTA
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2885 posts
942 upvotes
Montreal
chillax dudes

it's only been like 2 business days
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Mar 6, 2015
274 posts
768 upvotes
New Brunswick
I ordered an S9 on Saturday and it was approved and shipped on Sunday.

I saw somewhere that the watch that comes with the P20 Pro is on backorder and that Koodo is waiting for them to come in so they can send watch and phone together. Expect two weeks or so.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
553 posts
375 upvotes
SURREY
marc_t wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:37 pm
chillax dudes

it's only been like 2 business days
I think the biggest issue I’m having is the fact that people after who ordered myself and others have recieved at least a shipping label creation and others have received a cancellation order. I’d be good with either one but now that the BF deals are gone I’m worried about losing out. First world problems for sure but still something is like to avoid.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13871 posts
4082 upvotes
Montreal
I love how Koodo sends me a massive bill for all the charges and Tab payoffs the day after I order, yet the order itself is still not even verified.

Status
Order Being Reviewed

I can understand doing this after it's been shipped, but I am not getting any benefit from said devices, yet I am paying through the nose for something that hasn't even been processed yet alone shipped.

WTF?
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
553 posts
375 upvotes
SURREY
I could see a nominal amount being charged as a deposit but the whole thing? What happens if it takes over a month to get here? Do we get a partial refund for being charged for something we cannot use
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1702 posts
1266 upvotes
Toronto
DjRags604 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 10:52 pm
I could see a nominal amount being charged as a deposit but the whole thing? What happens if it takes over a month to get here? Do we get a partial refund for being charged for something we cannot use
Call CS after the phone arrives and they'll apply a credit to adjust for the days you had no service. Knowing Koodo they'll probably slap on a one-time $15-$20 credit and call it a day as calculating stuff is too much work lol.

(This applies only to new lines only as you have no service without the sim/phone).

I highly doubt it'll take more than a month. All orders will likely be shipped within the next 10 days business days since orders have stopped coming in, and once shipped it takes 2 days max to arrive.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2235 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
What phones did you guys order? I ordered an iPhone XR over the weekend, message said 1-3 weeks, but got it today (about 3 days). Very impressive turnaround time considering the volume and pressure they were under. Hope y'all get yours soon!
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1376 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
yea.. still waiting for the p20 pro and watch as well, even though when I emailed them last week they said it was shipped on friday but due to system issue they cannot provide me a tracking number and now its tuesday and they still haven't updated me with any further information or who the courier is even.. :S
Dec 24, 2006
104 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
ordered an iphone 8 on Nov 22 and received it today.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8003 posts
1581 upvotes
Mississauga
Be patient, they're usually quick to ship and it's not been that long. They shipped my devices within a day, but it varies. You should also read the warning they posted everywhere about high order volumes and delays.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1376 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Avenger wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 8:06 am
Be patient, they're usually quick to ship and it's not been that long. They shipped my devices within a day, but it varies. You should also read the warning they posted everywhere about high order volumes and delays.
I don’t mind waiting since I know they have a lot of orders to process but if they send me this and still don’t have the phone or updated courier information, it does concern me a little since I have no idea when and who
Is delivering the phone....

“We apologize because due to a system issue we are unable to retrieve a tracking number at the moment. However, we confirm that the order has gon through and is on its way to you.”
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13871 posts
4082 upvotes
Montreal
awais wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 10:40 am
it does concern me a little since I have no idea when and who Is delivering the phone....
I know what you mean, as if it's UPS, you'd better sit by the door with binoculars.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.