Shopping Discussion

Who else is still waiting on Koodo shipping phones from Black Friday?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 7:04 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16469 posts
2433 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 10:54 am
I know what you mean, as if it's UPS, you'd better sit by the door with binoculars.
It was UPS for me.

I placed my order on the 21st and it arrived yesterday. It's sitting at the UPS store awaiting pickup right now.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Jan 8, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
north of Waterloo, O…
I'm waiting... there was a popup on the main screen during the BF weekend that there was a delay of 5-7 days for shipping, due to volume ( and probably CP strike)

This is my 3rd phone I bought from koodo in the past 6 weeks or so.

1st - was a Samsung s8 - $480 large tab for myself - Came by Canada post - easy peasy, then paid it off to buy
2nd - Samsung s8 - Xmas present for family (who are also on koodo, but pay as you go) - bought that on the $360 tab Nov 15th - it came by UPS, and that was a hassle (finally picked up Nov 20th - after multiple attempts at my front door, even though I paid $5 extra to deliver to UPS store in town)...; paid it off and then bought
3rd - iphone 8 on Nov 24th - for that special someone in my life for xmas ($480 large tab 64gb model, stores might have had the 256gb model for same price, but I have a quebec #) and didn't want a hassle... -- currently waiting for.

The iPhone 8 was in approved status with a few hrs after I ordered in on November 24th.... no movement yet...
Nov 25, 2010
20 posts
12 upvotes
Westmount
I wonder if some phones are on back order. I ordered iphone 8 gold on Nov 20th. It has been approved for a week now and no shipping. On the same day, I ordered an iphone 8 space grey, it shipped out and arrived on Nov 24th.
Jan 8, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
north of Waterloo, O…
dockside wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 1:02 pm
I wonder if some phones are on back order. I ordered iphone 8 gold on Nov 20th. It has been approved for a week now and no shipping. On the same day, I ordered an iphone 8 space grey, it shipped out and arrived on Nov 24th.
I got a gold one on order.... I recall when I placed the order back on the 24th, that i"add cart" button was replaced with "in select stores" if there was no stock.... maybe I'm wrong....
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
473 posts
243 upvotes
SURREY
xeodragon wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 1:02 am
What phones did you guys order? I ordered an iPhone XR over the weekend, message said 1-3 weeks, but got it today (about 3 days). Very impressive turnaround time considering the volume and pressure they were under. Hope y'all get yours soon!
Glad to hear it. It was like that for my other phones on the past. I think the p20 supply was hit the hardest so it’ll take the longest to figure out
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Sep 4, 2007
831 posts
245 upvotes
I'm probably one of the earliest to order the P20 Pro in Twilight + Watch
Nov 20 at 1pm...got approved same day, but no shipping notification still.

I'm a new activation, so hard credit check, I'd be pissed if they cancel me.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2149 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
DjRags604 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 2:23 pm
Glad to hear it. It was like that for my other phones on the past. I think the p20 supply was hit the hardest so it’ll take the longest to figure out
Agreed. The other phones don't seem as affected.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
473 posts
243 upvotes
SURREY
LyGuy wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 2:28 pm
I'm probably one of the earliest to order the P20 Pro in Twilight + Watch
Nov 20 at 1pm...got approved same day, but no shipping notification still.

I'm a new activation, so hard credit check, I'd be pissed if they cancel me.
Yeah I would be too. Did you call the webstore?
Jun 6, 2007
434 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
Mine shipped last week but I'm still waiting for delivery, missed it yesterday and today is over and it's still on the courier truck according to tracking... for some reason they decided to use Loomis which has the worst pickup depot in the lower mainland, I'll even take Purolator over them...
Nov 23, 2013
73 posts
231 upvotes
dockside wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 1:02 pm
Update. Just received shipping info on my gold iPhone 8. Ordered on the 20th.
Dec 21, 2012
40 posts
10 upvotes
GVR
Ordered on the 24th for 8+ and S9 CPO. Still yet to be verified.

UPDATE : Approved late last night
Mar 1, 2015
113 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered Nov 22, got shipping confirmation last night to be delivered via UPS.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
473 posts
243 upvotes
SURREY
ateddybear wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 9:37 am
Ordered Nov 22, got shipping confirmation last night to be delivered via UPS.
What phone did you order?
Jan 8, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
north of Waterloo, O…
waspeteec wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 12:55 pm
I'm waiting... there was a popup on the main screen during the BF weekend that there was a delay of 5-7 days for shipping, due to volume ( and probably CP strike)

This is my 3rd phone I bought from koodo in the past 6 weeks or so.

1st - was a Samsung s8 - $480 large tab for myself - Came by Canada post - easy peasy, then paid it off to buy
2nd - Samsung s8 - Xmas present for family (who are also on koodo, but pay as you go) - bought that on the $360 tab Nov 15th - it came by UPS, and that was a hassle (finally picked up Nov 20th - after multiple attempts at my front door, even though I paid $5 extra to deliver to UPS store in town)...; paid it off and then bought
3rd - iphone 8 on Nov 24th - for that special someone in my life for xmas ($480 large tab 64gb model, stores might have had the 256gb model for same price, but I have a quebec #) and didn't want a hassle... -- currently waiting for.

The iPhone 8 was in approved status with a few hrs after I ordered in on November 24th.... no movement yet...
shipping confirmation email was sent last night.... says by UPS, but tracking number doesn't show up in the UPS website 8 hrs later... (I need to arrange pickup at UPS store)