Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
342 upvotes
Winnipeg

Who governs Credit Reporting Agencies?

I've been having issues with both Equifax and Transunion regarding the way they are reporting my accounts. Equifax recognizes the issue and is working with me to resolve the issues. Transunion on the other hand, is totally uncooperative, and I am done calling them everyday to hear the same crap from them that there is nothing they can do. If Equifax is able to work with me towards a resolution, then there's no way Transunion can say there's nothing they can do to "fix" the issue. I would like to file a complaint about Transunion, but don't really know who to call or where to start.

Anyone have any idea who I should be calling?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
3208 posts
1526 upvotes
I don't know unfortunately, but you could certainly try Consumer and Corporate Affairs, at least someone there will steer you in the right direction... I sincerely hope your issues have nothing to do with how they track partial versus full credit card payments!!
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
You can start at OPCC

But all they will do is tell you to resolve the matter with the creditors you deal with and their internal consumer credit reporting depts.

People here have to understand that both Equifax and TransUnion are credit 'posting' organizations. They 'post' what is reported by all financial institutions and other institutions the require services from these agencies.
Each and every tradeline is owned by its respective 'reporting financial institution' Tradeline errors are purely the responsibility of the reporting financial institution.

You've admitted that you applied for credit products without supplying your SIN. Who knows what other data you supplied when those applications we're submitted.
Your mess was created by yourself and how you've applied for credit products.
When you're done and satisfied with what EQ has done with all your multiple accounts then just have all of it forwarded to TU

I think I've figured out who you we're before this new ID of yours was created Dec 2011
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
342 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikeymike1 wrote: You can start at OPCC

But all they will do is tell you to resolve the matter with the creditors you deal with and their internal consumer credit reporting depts.

People here have to understand that both Equifax and TransUnion are credit 'posting' organizations. They 'post' what is reported by all financial institutions and other institutions the require services from these agencies.
Each and every tradeline is owned by its respective 'reporting financial institution' Tradeline errors are purely the responsibility of the reporting financial institution.

You've admitted that you applied for credit products without supplying your SIN. Who knows what other data you supplied when those applications we're submitted.
Your mess was created by yourself and how you've applied for credit products.
When you're done and satisfied with what EQ has done with all your multiple accounts then just have all of it forwarded to TU

I think I've figured out who you we're before this new ID of yours was created Dec 2011

Figured out who I was?????? If you're saying that I used to have an RFD account before, once again, you are wrong. If you suspect I have more than one account, then report all your information that you are ASSUMING, to a Mod, or higher, whatever you deem necessary. I have read posts in RFD for the past 6 months or so, and have found it to be a very informative forum over the others I have visited, so I decided to become a member for the first time. Thanks for the welcome mat.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
In addition to what's been mentioned above, there is always recourse to the courts for libel or slander, if the credit reporting agencies are 'reporting' stuff that is not true.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
wayne74 wrote: Figured out who I was?????? If you're saying that I used to have an RFD account before, once again, you are wrong. If you suspect I have more than one account, then report all your information that you are ASSUMING, to a Mod, or higher, whatever you deem necessary. I have read posts in RFD for the past 6 months or so, and have found it to be a very informative forum over the others I have visited, so I decided to become a member for the first time. Thanks for the welcome mat.

LOL, yeah sure... thats your story so go tell it as big as you want :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
342 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikeymike1 wrote: LOL, yeah sure... thats your story so go tell it as big as you want :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok mikeymike1, so tell me, since you know EVERYTHING, who am I? Or was I?? Come on, fill everyone in on your little secret :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: