Shopping Discussion

Who has the best price match and beat in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2013 11:41 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 14, 2008
36 posts

Who has the best price match and beat in Canada?

Was looking at getting a ipod 32 gig , found one for $279 , talked to visions and they said they will not beat that price or match it. They offered me the older generation model for the same price. Visions says they will beat the price by 5% . I even showed them the add , Kinda bummed me out. :mad:
15 replies
Feb 14, 2008
36 posts
Do you mean "ME" as in you? Or is ME short for a store ?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
People get confused by price beats all the time. Stores don't beat the price by 5% or 10% OF THE PRICE, they beat it by 5% or 10% OF THE DIFFERENCE. This makes the price beat mostly irrelevant. IE if one store is selling something at $100 and the other at $150 the only difference between a 10% price beat and a 20% price beat is 5 bucks.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
Leeboy wrote: Do you mean "ME" as in you? Or is ME short for a store ?
Sorry about that.

ME = Memory Express

I just took a quick look and unfortunately it looks like it's just accessories :(
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Leeboy wrote: Was looking at getting a ipod 32 gig , found one for $279 , talked to visions and they said they will not beat that price or match it...Visions says they will beat the price by 5% .
Which is it?

If they will not beat the price by 5%, please advise what reason they gave. They will always beat a competitor's price by 5%.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
brunes wrote: People get confused by price beats all the time. Stores don't beat the price by 5% or 10% OF THE PRICE, they beat it by 5% or 10% OF THE DIFFERENCE.
Incorrect. Visions will beat the price by 5%. Have used it on many occasions.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3209 posts
1742 upvotes
Markham
Memoryexpress, for sure the best PM policy ive ever seen.
Feb 14, 2008
36 posts
They never gave a reason, just said no. But there website says they are supposed to.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Leeboy wrote: They never gave a reason, just said no. But there website says they are supposed to.
post the site you saw the iPod at.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Leeboy wrote: They never gave a reason, just said no.
?????????? ...and you just walked away? Makes no sense. An e-mail to corporate would fix this right away.
Feb 14, 2008
36 posts
I emailed head office and they said i had to talk to a store manager....The Source ended up matching it , they didnt even call staples , just gave me the deal and their extended warranty was cheaper also
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1868 posts
493 upvotes
TORONTO
Leeboy wrote: I emailed head office and they said i had to talk to a store manager....The Source ended up matching it , they didnt even call staples , just gave me the deal and their extended warranty was cheaper also
If you're willing to, check out kijiji if its in your area. Apple warranty is based on its S/N and its in store. There are a lot of people selling cheap ipod touch 5th gen brand new for less the 280.

I bought a used ipod touch 4th gen with a cracked screen thinking I can pay someone to get it fixed, and it still had warranty. So they exchanged it for a brand new one.
Apr 5, 2012
368 posts
254 upvotes
RICHMOND
FS/BB give you 10% off the difference. So if it's not available on ME, try with them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)