Automotive

Who has the best prices for Michelin tires in the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2008 8:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto

Who has the best prices for Michelin tires in the GTA?

I am looking to get a set of 4 Michelin Harmony's for my Camry, and wanted to know who offers a good price for this tire.

Any suggestions?
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7266 posts
129 upvotes
You'll have to phone around to check.

Phone or check all the Active Green & Ross(es), Costco, Tire shops around GTA, etc.

Some smaller shops may surprise you
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1787 posts
15 upvotes
DrXenon wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 4:39 pm
I find you can get a decent deal at Costco. You can do better if you order from tirerack.com, but you have to find a local shop to mount them in that case. (Of course, if you're buying rims too, they come premounted from tirerack.)
costco right now have the $60 rebate
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
I've called about 10 stores so far including Green and Ross. I figured the deal hunters here could give me a store that I missed.

Unfortunately, Costco and Sam's Club do not sell the Michelin Harmony. They sell the X Radial tire instead.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
DrXenon wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 4:52 pm
FWIW, I like my X radials and Consumers Reports rates them quite highly.
How is their wet traction? I need something that is VERY good in wet weather and smooth and quiet.
Aug 3, 2006
790 posts
I hear Tires23 has good prices but they are more of a performance tire shop.

You can also give Allen from Simply Tire a ring at (416) 916-9233, very nice guy to deal with.
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
29 upvotes
Tdot
michelins r overated/overpriced...get nice/cheap bang for ur bux summer performance tires like the FUZION ZRi's! they stick to the roads like glue!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
kleptodathief wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 5:50 pm
michelins r overated/overpriced...get nice/cheap bang for ur bux summer performance tires like the FUZION ZRi's! they stick to the roads like glue!
Thanks for the info, but I'll stick with Michelin's as I don't want to run some cheaper rubber on my ride.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3476 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
For Toronto, try tires23 in Mississauga.

You can also compare online. Tirerack ship to Canada, they give you shipping quotes including taxes and duties. You can also compare to 1010tires which is from BC, shipping is relatively cheap and you only pay PST.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
thephenom wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 5:54 pm
For Toronto, try tires23 in Mississauga.

You can also compare online. Tirerack ship to Canada, they give you shipping quotes including taxes and duties. You can also compare to 1010tires which is from BC, shipping is relatively cheap and you only pay PST.
Both those places prices were about $50 to $60 more then what I get here. For tirerack, if I just too into account the tire prices alone, the difference between Green and Ross vs. Tirerack is about $12 a tire.

Thanks for the info tho.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1809 posts
29 upvotes
curious... are harmonys the low end michelins? are the hydroedges higher or lower than harmonys?

i had hydroedges before and replaced em wif yokohamas and they are pretty damn gd alternative... (well ok maybe because my hydroedges were worn) but ya.. they ride gd and r cheaper... but just cause it's cheaper i dun think it means they suck?

what is the price you got for the harmony? (so if we do give a suggestion we know not to post it if t's higher than what you got anyway)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
ElvaSoShexai wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 6:53 pm
curious... are harmonys the low end michelins? are the hydroedges higher or lower than harmonys?

i had hydroedges before and replaced em wif yokohamas and they are pretty damn gd alternative... (well ok maybe because my hydroedges were worn) but ya.. they ride gd and r cheaper
It is not higher or lower end. Hydroedge are more for wet traction but have a hard, noisy ride. Harmony are good all around passenger car tires.
Dec 5, 2007
543 posts
1 upvote
NB
The Harmonys are good but those X Radials will give you a very good ride as well. If they look and ride similar it's because they are. Michelin, like any other manufacturer rebrands tires that they sell to the Club Stores (Sam's, Costco, etc). The tire casing is exactly the same and all they will do is change the tread slightly and rebrand it to make it tougher to compare. Michelin does the same thing with their LTX M/S tires and rebrands them as an X Radial LT.....yep, they are the same tire. The do this so the club stores don't end up competing against the independent dealers who carry the regular Michelin brands. If you can get a good deal on the X Radials, then get those instead.

Harmony:

X Radial:

Destiny:

[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11423 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
mtl4 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 7:46 pm
The Harmonys are good but those X Radials will give you a very good ride as well. If they look and ride similar it's because they are. Michelin, like any other manufacturer rebrands tires that they sell to the Club Stores (Sam's, Costco, etc). The tire casing is exactly the same and all they will do is change the tread slightly and rebrand it to make it tougher to compare. If you can get a good deal on the X Radials, then get those instead.

Harmony:

X Radial:

If the X Radial and the Harmony were both the same price, which tire would you go with and Why?
Dec 5, 2007
543 posts
1 upvote
NB
hightech wrote:
Apr 14th, 2008 7:49 pm
If the X Radial and the Harmony were both the same price, which tire would you go with and Why?
I'd usually go with the branded tire at the same price, but they won't be priced the same and the X Radials will always be cheaper. Sometimes manufacturers will cheat and not give you full tread depth (for example you might get 11/32" on the Harmony vs 10/32" on the X Radial) so you need to be very careful to compare the details on them both. Then you need to figure out how much is 1/32" of tread depth worth to you.....esp with respect to any road hazzard policies you might be getting.
× < >