Health & Wellness

Who the hell would actually buy this for $499.99??? WTF?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 5:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5474 posts
3686 upvotes
North York
Becks wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 3:10 pm
^ You can lie and say the dryer is out of stock due to xmas. Or, u can keep it real and say u don't want to enable ur aunt-in-law from being a treated like a doormat by the daughter-in-law.
luckily, the Bay didn't have stock when we went there and they said "the item is so hot, everytime it restocks, it's sold out". So I am leaving it at that for now. But after checking online, there are other places that sell. Although I am tight-lipped about this, I hope I don't have to help buying in the future, because I hate it, just hate it!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
428 upvotes
BC
konsensei wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 3:52 pm
luckily, the Bay didn't have stock when we went there and they said "the item is so hot, everytime it restocks, it's sold out". So I am leaving it at that for now. But after checking online, there are other places that sell. Although I am tight-lipped about this, I hope I don't have to help buying in the future, because I hate it, just hate it!
If she's worried no-one will look after her, the smarter thing would have been to keep her hand on her assets, rather than give it away :(
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5474 posts
3686 upvotes
North York
canucky1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 8:46 pm
If she's worried no-one will look after her, the smarter thing would have been to keep her hand on her assets, rather than give it away :(
We have been trying to convince her that it (the daughter-in-law taking care of her) is not going to happen by the way it looks, but it has not been easy at all. Her son is on his wife's side, what a joke!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
428 upvotes
BC
konsensei wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 9:19 pm
We have been trying to convince her that it (the daughter-in-law taking care of her) is not going to happen by the way it looks, but it has not been easy at all. Her son is on his wife's side, what a joke!
That's what I mean - she should have kept her assets. Old fashioned thinking I guess.
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1982 posts
705 upvotes
Sudbury
It's funny this thread is here. My wife asked for this for her bday next week.

Debating if I should buy it or not.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3162 posts
764 upvotes
Parry Sound
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 1:55 am
The same people who buy $5k watches when a swatch watch does the same damn thing... or peeps who buy $200k car for an 80km speed limit no different than a beige corolla. You get the drift.
A watch is a fashion statement. Sure, you can look good in a Walmart watch but a nice Roley looks better. Sometimes people like the car for what it is and not just as a status symbol. Not everyone driving a BMW is doing it just to show off.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Jan 28, 2013
158 posts
45 upvotes
Canada Eh
What else are the 1%ers suppose to spend their money if it wasn't for $500 hair dryers?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
428 upvotes
BC
playingintraffic wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 3:04 pm
What else are the 1%ers suppose to spend their money if it wasn't for $500 hair dryers?
Some people so jealous...
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
428 upvotes
BC
Ziggy007 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 4:36 pm
That is at least a functional item.

Nordstrom was selling rocks in leather pouches for $85 USD. Seriously

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/made-solid- ... -_-4497177
Wow now that is stupido....

A paperweight? A conversation piece? A work of art? It's up to you, but this smooth Los Angeles-area stone—wrapped in rich, vegetable-tanned American leather secured by sturdy contrast backstitching—is sure to draw attention wherever it rests.
:facepalm:
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
184 upvotes
Ziggy007 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 4:36 pm
That is at least a functional item.

Nordstrom was selling rocks in leather pouches for $85 USD. Seriously

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/made-solid- ... -_-4497177
Man, I'm actually having the urge to buy this. There's something so "rugged or alpha" about carrying a rock in an American leather wrap. I keep reminiscing old west when looking at this fine leather pouch.

Too bad it's sold out lol :(
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
428 upvotes
BC
lol Would've looked so good on ya, or with ya, or ... ahem
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19476 posts
7888 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Here's an $80k USD rick Owens couch.

Deal is Fire

deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
428 upvotes
BC
That's funny. That said, I don't care. Some people have money and want to buy what they want. Compared to many countries, Canadians are very rich.
Go Raptors, Go!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)