Health & Wellness

Who the hell would actually buy this for $499.99??? WTF?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 5:36 pm
Dec 27, 2015
9 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I am a single mom of 4 kids and my 18 son has 2 babies, recently their father passed away and we just traveled for funeral this September...sorry for going on but I am barely keeping a roof over heads nevermind Xmas gifts so when I found out that I won a prize package worth over$2000 I literally cried..unfil ...I saw that it was a $1200 Vacuum and a $850 Dyson Lamp, great technology but it is ugly... can't return to store & having trouble selling so nevermind gifts, this year we don't even have a Christmas tree. Thx for letting me rant
Dec 15, 2017
517 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
It makes sense if you own a beauty salon and will make your life easier.... 4 customers and its paid for.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2013
6601 posts
1149 upvotes
sonnyblack01 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 12:34 am
I would please like to know, who (that is sane and not on drugs), would go out and buy a hair dryer for $499???????????

dyson hair dryer for $499 wtf? exact same function as any $20 hairdryer?

is this dyson's guy company ridiculous or what?

LoL ...just to side with Mr Dyson's case, Filter Queen used to make a head mas-sager on their $2000 vaccum cleaners !
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9944 posts
830 upvotes
499 is not bad for hair dryer, especially since it's actually functional and does a good job... It's not at Supreme level yet.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12505 posts
3062 upvotes
Here 'n There
It's reported that it makes your hair thicker, makes receding hairlines reverse course and bald men using it have grown full heads of hair.

Well worth the price (although I don't need it)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11743 posts
1682 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I wonder how many wigs $499.99 can buy me!
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10498 posts
223 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 3:18 pm
I wonder how many wigs $499.99 can buy me!
Probably one wig from wigs.com (if you include shipping).

I would not recommend just any wig. The opening of a wig shop in any given area (especially a mall) is a sign of economic distress.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3146 posts
358 upvotes
Scarborough
maybe its the greatest hairdryer invented in history known to man?
Nov 21, 2017
299 posts
114 upvotes
Surrey BC
Ottomaddox wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 1:45 pm
I'd still be shagging carts at the NoFrills for the quarter someone left behind.
lol
Jul 13, 2017
150 posts
46 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 10:22 am
do you at least buy bulk toilet paper at costco to stock those bathrooms.
Buy? I "borrow" the sandpaper (one-ply) toilet paper at work.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6104 posts
1323 upvotes
I can understand how it can benefit people who have the excess money or the professional need for a $500 hairdryer with better weight distribution/power.

I don't get the ones who are justifying their purchase by comparing it to $30 hairdryers. I don't know what kinds of cheapies people are buying that die in 1 year. My $30 "ion" Conair has lasted me over 10 years.

My hair's length has been in a range of mid-back to waist length for as long as I can remember, medium-strand thickness. Like Kendall Jenner on the first page of this thread. It only takes me 3-4 minutes to blowdry it, hair inverted, gently shaking and handcombing while drying, choosing cool or warm setting (never hot.) I never fully blowdry it, so I keep it about 10% damp to let it air dry the rest of the way, and this has always kept it healthy, no matter what my hairdresser has done to it--dyeing it all light, perming, ombreing, etc.

So is the hair that takes longer like, thick & coarse, or curly? I realize some people like to bonedry their hair...but relying on technology to protect the hair in blowdrying is not going to be better than allowing the hair to retain some moisture, and using gentle shampoos/conditioners.

If anyone is going to invest in a top-quality product, it should be more for e.g. hair curlers that have more direct heat applied.

I actually do think the Dyson lamp is pretty, and would get that before the hairdryer.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18672 posts
6851 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Good thread revival.

Post the Dysons on bst
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6104 posts
1323 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Dec 26th, 2016 5:13 pm
Maybe the suckers in this thread should move to Vancouver where the naturally soft water makes a huge difference in how your hair turns out.
Didn't notice a difference in my hair. Noticed a massive difference in my skin. Crying Face One day I will invest in a home water-purification system.
Jul 31, 2015
585 posts
227 upvotes
AB
I dunno, my wife has it (got it for her for birthday), she really likes it.

Honestly it’s a nice design, works well, and pretty light.

Just like many nice things, they cost money sometimes. Dyson products, nice cars/watches, Apple products, oled tv’s, quality furniture or appliances, nicer finishes in a house, fancy hotels, spas, vacations.

Everybody will have a opinion of where the value line is, and what is worth it to them for whatever reason.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2778 posts
218 upvotes
There tons of people that rave about the dyson vacuums here. Why not the hair dryer?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.