Cell Phones

Who picked up Rose Gold for the sake of being identified as 6S/Plus?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2015 2:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge

Who picked up Rose Gold for the sake of being identified as 6S/Plus?

I know it's sad but am I the only RFD? LOL

This is the first time I'm really excited about the iPhone because of 3D Touch but my history (my 49th Smart Phone since 2009) says i know I will sell this regardless how much I love it. I figured Rose Gold is the most popular and will very easy to sell, no lost.

I should have my 64GB 6S Plus this weekend.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
33 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I have a 64gb 6s in pink. I got it just to change it up a bit and try a new color. Maybe subconsciously I might have wanted it because it's the only one that can be identified as an s
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
It's actually true though. My friend has rose gold and he jokingly said he got it so people know it's a 6S. We walked down a mall, and he had so many people ask him about the 6S, while no one asked me about my 6S. Tiny bit jealous, but I don't think I can use a pink phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
#insecurities #materialism #showoffs
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
Sorry if this is off topic but regarding the 6s difference

Is there any significant difference of 3d touch to long press/taptic feedback?
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yup...same reason my friends who did pick up an iPhone this round did it..to get rose gold....there really is no difference otherwise
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
It read to me simply as

"I bought a $1300 phone. Since people might think it's last years, I need some way for people notice me and my phone. But don't judge me"

In addition to

"I sorta liked being rolled down hills in a garbage can in high school. But don't judge me"
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
2009M5 wrote: #insecurities #materialism #showoffs
lol I'm saying. It's just a phone.

Personally wish apple had black.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
cartfan123 wrote: It read to me simply as

"I bought a $1300 phone. Since people might think it's last years, I need some way for people notice me and my phone. But don't judge me"

In addition to

"I sorta liked being rolled down hills in a garbage can in high school. But don't judge me"
LOL true
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Same kind of people that blast their music in the car so everyone around them has to hear it.
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto, ON
al3x89 wrote: You really like getting attention from random people?
why do you think the laptops have a lighted up apple logo? performance?
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
al3x89 wrote: You really like getting attention from random people?
Some people even pay for 'attention' from strangers.
frogger wrote: Same kind of people that blast their music in the car so everyone around them has to hear it.
There's an element of this that is self policing. By wanting random strangers to notice them for their phone would mean that the phone is being carried around flashed about and done so without the case. So it turns into (after being dropped) "aw man, you got a dented iPhone that must suck". Same way loud car stereo idiots turn deaf. Self policing.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39761 upvotes
Toronto
All too often mistaken "interest" in your phone can just be a ruse for it to get stolen. If you value your stuff keep it out of sight and remove temptation for bad guys.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
There's literally no easier way to pick chicks up in the bar than whip out your Rose colored iPhone 6S Plus and set it on the table.
Everyone walks by will know you're a baller, even if you drive a beige Tercel.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
LandKing wrote: there really is no difference otherwise
Except for the updated processor and camera (and I know of at least a couple of people right here on the RFD boards who got one for Live Photos, which seems crazy to me but there you have it), of course. I personally wouldn't bother if I had an iPhone 6, but even incremental improvements are worth it for some people.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
wearysky wrote: Except for the updated processor and camera (and I know of at least a couple of people right here on the RFD boards who got one for Live Photos, which seems crazy to me but there you have it), of course. I personally wouldn't bother if I had an iPhone 6, but even incremental improvements are worth it for some people.
But that's not the case here...it's that people want the colour specifically so other people know it's the new phone. They may or may not even like the colour but feel some superiority that others know they have the new phone. No different than those that buy Canada Goose claiming it's warm, etc, etc but really it's just the logo they want other people seeing. It's not that cold in Toronto generally speaking.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Except for the updated processor and camera (and I know of at least a couple of people right here on the RFD boards who got one for Live Photos, which seems crazy to me but there you have it), of course. I personally wouldn't bother if I had an iPhone 6, but even incremental improvements are worth it for some people.
RAM too?
Upgrading a phone every year to the next version is not the norm and adds little. It's more for people who are bored..
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
cartfan123 wrote: But that's not the case here...it's that people want the colour specifically so other people know it's the new phone. They may or may not even like the colour but feel some superiority that others know they have the new phone. No different than those that buy Canada Goose claiming it's warm, etc, etc but really it's just the logo they want other people seeing. It's not that cold in Toronto generally speaking.
Sure, that's what some people in this thread are talking about. But I was specifically responding to a person who said there is no difference other than the colour with the 6s, which is simply not true.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3868 upvotes
Antarctica
bomiheko wrote: It's actually true though. My friend has rose gold and he jokingly said he got it so people know it's a 6S. We walked down a mall, and he had so many people ask him about the 6S, while no one asked me about my 6S. Tiny bit jealous, but I don't think I can use a pink phone.
Which mall is it where people start asking you if you are using a latest iPhone?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
Crichtonfan wrote: Which mall is it where people start asking you if you are using a latest iPhone?
Capilano Mall. It's in an affluent neighbourhood in North Vancouver and also Park Royal Centre in West Vancouver. They don't ask unless they see the colour. Usually it's hot girls that ask, guys don't really directly ask. They may acknowledge it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)