Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wholesale Club

Wholesale Club:Rare Coca Cola de Mexico 24 glass x 355 $29.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2019 11:18 am
Jan 20, 2013
13 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: $30 for a case of pop?

Am I missing something?
Yes. Yes you are. If you don't drink a lot of pop it's more of a treat and the cane sugar is way easier on you then the high fructose corn syrup. I'd snag a case of this in a heartbeat.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2846 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
We buy these in Sam's Club and Costco USA. $19.99 US so similar price. Good pop. We don't drink them too often but they're a great treat.
Would be thrilled to have them here in Canada on a regular basis.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Costa1278 wrote: Yes. Yes you are. If you don't drink a lot of pop it's more of a treat and the cane sugar is way easier on you then the high fructose corn syrup. I'd snag a case of this in a heartbeat.
When did they start using high fructose corn syrup in Canadian Coca Cola? I thought that was a US thing
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1331 posts
1060 upvotes
Hamilton
Costa1278 wrote: Yes. Yes you are. If you don't drink a lot of pop it's more of a treat and the cane sugar is way easier on you then the high fructose corn syrup. I'd snag a case of this in a heartbeat.
Pepsi Throwback with cane sugar is $3.49 for a 12 pack, $7 for 24. Why not just stock up on that when it's out?

Basically you are paying 4X the price to have it in a bottle.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
shwab wrote: Pepsi Throwback with cane sugar is $3.49 for a 12 pack, $7 for 24. Why not just stock up on that when it's out?

Basically you are paying 4X the price to have it in a bottle.
I can't speak for everyone but I'm not a fan of Pepsi at all.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Dec 12, 2010
293 posts
240 upvotes
Gee wrote: When did they start using high fructose corn syrup in Canadian Coca Cola? I thought that was a US thing
30+ years ago? Its a US/Canada thing since corn farmers lobbied the US government for subsidies making high-fructose corn syrup a much cheaper alternative. People were also stressed about high fat content in foods, so manufacturers started removing fat from foods, but since fat provides a good portion of the flavor, they started putting sugar in, in its place.

There is some truth to cane sugar being more 'healthy' than high-fructose corn syrup, as they are chemically different structures and processed in differently in the body.

Interesting facts; the WHO recommends adults consume about 25g of sugar per day. A typical can of pop is 35-45g.
The US Government recently revised their recommendations to something like 24g for women, and 28g for men.
Regardless of government recommendations, most of us are consuming way more sugar than we should.
Feb 29, 2016
50 posts
23 upvotes
Whitby had 2 cases left at the front door, around 3 pm today , I didnt see any else where in the store,
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
You’re not the only one. Pepsi is way too sweet,
TomRFD wrote: I can't speak for everyone but I'm not a fan of Pepsi at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
Where can I return the empty bottles?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1878 posts
424 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Where can I return the empty bottles?
Any bottle depot should be fine. I regularly purchased Mexican Coke in Calgary and Montana and never had any issue returning the bottles to a depot for the deposit refund. The bottles from Montana were great because I didn't have to pay a deposit but would get a refund in Alberta.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1359 posts
870 upvotes
GTA
calgaryhhr wrote: The bottles from Montana were great because I didn't have to pay a deposit but would get a refund in Alberta.
Giddyup Kramer!
Dec 26, 2016
99 posts
71 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: I can't speak for everyone but I'm not a fan of Pepsi at all.
I'll have a coke.
Pepsi okay?
Sigh. I'll just have water.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3872 upvotes
IONLYDOWNVOTE wrote: Aside from the glass bottle isn't kosher coke the same ?
Kosher coke is made from beet sugar and has 140 calories per cup. Mexican coke is made from cane sugar and has 150 calories per cup. So they're still significantly different.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)