Hot Deals

[Wholesale Sports] Wholesale Sports Closing...!! UP TO 30% off everything EXCEPT guns and ammo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 9:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2011
166 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary

[Wholesale Sports] Wholesale Sports Closing...!! UP TO 30% off everything EXCEPT guns and ammo

Deal Link:
Savings:
30% off
Retailer:
Wholesale Sports
More offers from Wholesale Sports
just received this today...Points to consider ( according to press release )...

Starts tomorrow Sept.15.2017...so get there early for the 'one of a kind stuff'
Sale to run until late December, so probably additional discounts on the 'hard to move' stuff
No discount on 'Guns & Ammo'Disappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved Face
No additional online orders...so people need to make the long drive if they are not in vicinity of store...( I'm in Calgary and a walking distance from Deerfoot Meadows location Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes )
I'm sure 'deals' will be posted.

Good Luck

oops...This will help...http://www.wholesalesports.com/
email that I just received ( I'm a subscriber )

IMPORTANT WHOLESALE SPORTS ANNOUNCEMENT
September 14, 2017

It is with great sadness that Wholesale Sports Canada Ltd. ("Wholesale Sports") brings the following news to its loyal customers.

At 3:00 PM (MST) today, Wholesale Sports' parent company issued a news release announcing that Wholesale Sports is conducting an orderly wind down of it business operations.

Numerous external factors led to this decision; including an increasingly competitive environment, the continued shift to on-line purchases and an overall slowing of consumer discretionary spending as a whole, including the outdoor industry. As a result, it was decided that the orderly wind down of Wholesale Sports was required through a store wide liquidation sale event.

All Wholesale Sports stores will be closed for the remainder of the day this September 14th and the official liquidation sale event will begin at each of the 12 retail locations, starting at Wholesale Sports' regular store hours, on Friday, September 15th. The liquidation sale event will continue until all merchandise is sold at each retail store, but will end no later than December 28, 2017.

No new online purchases will be processed after 3:00 PM (MST) today, as the Wholesale Sports website will become a static webpage that will only offer customers information on the liquidation sale event. However, all current open on-line orders will be fulfilled by Wholesale Sports.

It is important to note that certain Wholesale Sports polices will be affected by this announcement and the liquidation sale event. After the announcement and during the liquidation sale event:

Various merchandise discounts will be announced throughout the process, watch the Wholesale Sports website for details.
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges on all items purchased.
All Wholesale Sports gift cards can be used in store only until December 28, 2017. Any gift card balance remaining after December 28, 2017 shall have no cash value and be void for further use.
All Wholesale Sports Wild Card discounts will no longer be valid for use.
All manufacturer warrantees remain in effect. Customers should contact manufacturers directly with any issues.
Wholesale Sports thoroughly appreciates the loyalty from you, our Wholesale Sports customers and invites you to participate in our store liquidation sale event. We wish to sincerely thank you for your support and patronage over the years.

Sincerely,

The Wholesale Sports Team
Last edited by whozzdatguy on Sep 14th, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
34 replies
[OP]
Aug 24, 2011
166 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
RaphaelG041 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 6:51 pm
But....i JUST want guns and ammo. :(
me too...but I need to stock up on cleaning supplies...I don't sniff Hoppes #9 ( anymore ) Astonished Face...maybe a new knife or axe...clothing deals ( boots ) could also tempt me
Nov 10, 2003
549 posts
138 upvotes
BC, Canada
That's too bad.
Another Canadian company closing up :(
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1429 posts
121 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wonder if powder is on sale?
Oct 31, 2014
247 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Be worth noting it's UP TO %30 off, not 30% off everything
Nov 24, 2015
153 posts
92 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Hopefully sales are not like when lebaron closed... The liquidation company first marked everything up at least 30%.... People still bought thinking they were getting a deal
Nov 26, 2013
376 posts
196 upvotes
Winnipeg
This makes me sad. Competition in this specific market is dwindling. I'll check out the sale, maybe I can nab a nice deal on a Bear Cruzer G2.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2011
166 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
smallwavesteve wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 7:30 pm
Be worth noting it's UP TO %30 off, not 30% off everything
could be first week deals...I personally will wait for greater deals a couple of weeks in...might be worth it for the 'limited supply' stuff that I originally mentioned like GPSs and other electronic goodies...I don't expect a run on 'deer urine'...because 'deer urine' doesn't have a shelf life and isn't runny...
Dec 7, 2009
750 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto and points e…
Very sad news. Just started buying stuff from their website this year. Owned by United Farmers of Alberta I understand.
Oct 31, 2014
247 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria, BC
whozzdatguy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 7:50 pm
could be first week deals...I personally will wait for greater deals a couple of weeks in...
Could be, but won't be, it's a misleading/ inaccurate thread title.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1351 posts
138 upvotes
Real bummer. Shopped there a lot and had a regular everyday discount for military service personnel which was great support for our armed forces.

With the smaller footprint they should have stuck to the "smaller" communities. where there was no Cabelas. There's plenty of 100k+ people towns in BC and Alberta that had booming hunting and fishing industries that could easily and do easily support a wholesale sports store.
Jun 21, 2005
273 posts
33 upvotes
Stinger wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:43 pm
With the smaller footprint they should have stuck to the "smaller" communities. where there was no Cabelas.
While that's a nice theory, they were in the big cities a long time before there were any Cabelas or Bass Pro in Canada. It's not like they woke up one day and decided to take on Cabelas head-on.