Hot Deals

[Wholesale Sports] Wholesale Sports Closing...!! UP TO 30% off everything EXCEPT guns and ammo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 9:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2011
166 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
Silverbullet wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:55 pm
While that's a nice theory, they were in the big cities a long time before there were any Cabelas or Bass Pro in Canada. It's not like they woke up one day and decided to take on Cabelas head-on.
I remember when they were ' Frenchies Wholesale Sports ' located on 17th Ave SE in Calgary...back in the 80s... Yup, I'm old...Confused Face
Jun 22, 2015
145 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is sad to hear, I love the Wholesale Sports in Langley. they have always been my go to! The competition in Canada is dwindling away. Also to bad there are no sales on Guns and Ammo.

Also to anyone is Langley, the Langley Canadian Tire sells firearms and Ammo, use them instead of Cabelas/Bas Pro. Support Canada!
Jan 16, 2009
138 posts
62 upvotes
Lethbridge
This is disappointing to hear, although my experiences at the Lethbridge location haven't been the greatest over the past several years. Orders I've placed in-store, but not had store staff actually place, staff not returning phone calls when checking on the said orders, rarely having the powders I wanted in stock, having a behind the counter guy point a rifle at me because he wasn't paying attention... I would have loved for the store to do well, but I'm not entirely surprised if the Lethbridge location is any indication of the other locations.

On the other hand... I'd love to go to Canadian Tire to support Canadian - but most of the items I'm after won't be available for there. ie ammo components and reloading equipment.
Oct 28, 2008
75 posts
7 upvotes
BC
This is too bad for the Okanagan, Grouse River closed and now Wholesale Sports in West Kelowna...basically leaving Canadian Tire.
Oct 28, 2008
75 posts
7 upvotes
BC
If they were truly smart all firearms/ammo would be 20-30% off immediately and they would unload the majority of their high cost inventory while still maintaining some margin, apparel is all keystoned and footwear at worst is running at 40 points margin....don't spend a dollar on soft goods products until the discounts are north of 40%...they are still making profit at 30% off.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1238 posts
536 upvotes
Alberta
Sad day indeed...less competition = higher prices.
Oct 31, 2014
249 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Reports from a couple stores are that they haven't inflated the prices/it was previous prices less:

5% off ammo
5% off guns
10% off reloading supplies
10% off spotting scopes
30% off lures
10% off rods
Oct 31, 2014
249 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Anybody notice what percent off wading boots are? (And fishing apparel etc?)
Jan 16, 2009
138 posts
62 upvotes
Lethbridge
smallwavesteve wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:50 pm
Reports from a couple stores are that they haven't inflated the prices/it was previous prices less:

5% off ammo
5% off guns
10% off reloading supplies
10% off spotting scopes
30% off lures
10% off rods
I stopped by the Lethbridge one - my sister's ninjutsu instructor is semi-retired, and works there weekends, so we chatted with him. I can confirm that firearms and ammo were 5 percent off there. He is sure it will go lower though, he said they have a LOT of stock in their back storage.
Dec 5, 2015
375 posts
363 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
It's all about big corp nowadays, places like this can ill offered to take losses. Places like Cabela's buy in stock volume it's hard for the smaller outfits to complete.
Dec 15, 2009
756 posts
37 upvotes
Ontario
DRC wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 8:13 pm
Very sad news. Just started buying stuff from their website this year. Owned by United Farmers of Alberta I understand.
I don't see an option for online purchases.

Does anyone have a link for online purchases?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1325 posts
765 upvotes
Calgary
riffr aff wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 7:11 pm

Because they've killed online already.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1267 posts
141 upvotes
BC
riffr aff wrote:

As posted above.........
No new online purchases will be processed after 3:00 PM (MST) today, as the Wholesale Sports website will become a static webpage that will only offer customers information on the liquidation sale event. However, all current open on-line orders will be fulfilled by Wholesale Sport
CHIA
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1267 posts
141 upvotes
BC
riffr aff wrote:

As posted above.........
No new online purchases will be processed after 3:00 PM (MST) today, as the Wholesale Sports website will become a static webpage that will only offer customers information on the liquidation sale event. However, all current open on-line orders will be fulfilled by Wholesale Sport
CHIA
Feb 2, 2015
47 posts
10 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Went to my local one on the weekend. Lame ass sale. Now up to 40% off. Didn't see one thing 40% off. Everything was 15% off...which isn't really enough to get me to buy something that I dont 100% need yet. I've been looking for a new Leatherman, so I went and checked the display case. 10% off. Still $10 more than @ Cabelas. Pretty disappointing.