None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
15918 posts
1300 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…

who's to blame for obesity?

This restaurant in Phoenix, Az called the heart attack grill. Are they to. E commended at least for being honest? Unlike national chains like McDonalds using names like big Mac this place calls their burgers Double, triple and quadruple by pass. They have morbidly obese spokesman because that is what they are selling so if you want it, they will sell it.

It just bugs me that people in today's society will abuse themselves like this and still expectthe health care system to save them.but then again should the government do more to educate the masses of the dangers in fatty foods? We now have a cigarette tax that i n large part helps reduce people from smoking too much, the same could be done to discourage people from eating fatty foods yet look at the grocery flyers and 95% of the stuff on sale are bad for you.

Watch the video and then comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf_SIQ ... ata_player
76 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9332 posts
458 upvotes
Markham
It's kind of hard to legislate health, narcotics are banned, yet plenty of people still use them. A fat tax or a "ban" on excessive eating won't work.

Education, health promotion, and starting to have serious discussions about obesity without overworrying about offending people is a good start.
:lol:
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15057 posts
1837 upvotes
Toronto
Me. I'm the one responsible.

I don't think people in a place like the US are really expecting to fall back on the health system. I think it's just a lack of personal responsibility coupled with the "if it was that bad for you it wouldn't be so accepted/somebody would have sued them by now" mentality and unending corporate marketing. People should know the consequences of what they're doing, they should feed themselves more of their own cooking, and they should exercise more, but they don't.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2449 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
i don't know, did the gene or the parent come first
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15620 posts
568 upvotes
Niagara Falls
medalgo wrote:
Dec 20th, 2013 5:17 pm
i don't know, did the gene or the parent come first
It doesn't matter. The real person to blame for obesity is the obese person for their poor lifestyle choice.
[shortened links removed]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8894 posts
1617 upvotes
I like fatty foods, vegetables for the most part disgust me.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2709 posts
123 upvotes
Peterborough
rocking23nf wrote:
Dec 20th, 2013 5:20 pm
I like fatty foods, vegetables for the most part disgust me.
You need to fry those things up.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2606 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
Setz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2013 5:19 pm
It doesn't matter. The real person to blame for obesity is the obese person for their poor lifestyle choice.
Or parents. I see many families taking their kids to mcdonalds for breakfast/lunch/dinner
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14440 posts
933 upvotes
Markham
capitalism is to blame for obesity
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8485 posts
1756 upvotes
London
IBsomeone blames their metabolism/glands/genes on being fat.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10263 posts
1089 upvotes
wiggy wrote:
Dec 20th, 2013 5:45 pm
You need to fry those things up.
And wrap in bacon.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
People themselves are to blame. They choose what to eat.
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10012 posts
396 upvotes
Brampton
Some peeps are fat because of their body type and it won't matter what or how much they eat. It is just like how every man can lift weights but not all of them will develop muscles like Arnold Schwartzineager.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
6003 posts
138 upvotes
Swswswish wrote:
Dec 20th, 2013 6:34 pm
But that's ****

[IMG]http://videoduel.ru/videothumbs/K/N3/K9N3r2x3lee.jpg[/IMG]
LOL, he looks like a guy who purposely stopped working out and tried to put on weight to create a before picture.
"He's always criticized us for suggesting that 'thugs be hugged,' and I think it's time for this thug to get a hug."

Mr. A. Vaughn