Investing

Who's buying RIM shares? And how much could it gain this year?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2015 12:17 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
alwaysbuylow wrote: This rumour was very short life, both BlackBerry and Samsung denied the buyout offer, share already dropped back 15% in after hours.
1. Buy stock
2. Spread false rumor
3. Dump
4. Profit

Classic pump & dump.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2721 posts
705 upvotes
why anyone would ever short a stock like this, I will never understand. Hope a bunch of shorts got squeezed good.

The dumbest rumours move this stock 30% in 10 minutes.... it's nuts.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
722 upvotes
Shhanada
cmackie wrote: The range mentioned would suggest the price could be $16-18.50 if it goes through. The Cdn government is very protective of Canada's IP so it would have to be extraordinarily beneficial to Canada for this to go through. Then again, Canada has been more and more interested in expanding trade with Korea so there could be some interesting things at play.
Well, the government would not want to be caught with dirty hands if they blocked a buyout of BB only to see BB degrade and fail at a later date. BB is beloved by Canadians, and letting it die that way would be some bad PR. Selling out to a foreign concern would be "less bad", and given how this government twists myths, they could easily spin it as a big success.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
Oh well, the joy was short lived. At $18.00 the boss would have had my resignation letter in his hand. But no rush, it will get there. Hopefully it can at least put a floor in the price , the valuation is ridiculously cheap, it was nice to see shorts get killed today. Someone or some people made enormous amounts in the calls today..

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=BBRY+Options
Oct 16, 2008
997 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
shouldn't people be going to jail or SEC investigate for manipulating the market like this?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1888 posts
656 upvotes
Pho6 wrote: shouldn't people be going to jail or SEC investigate for manipulating the market like this?
They're too busy putting pot dealers away for 10 years who make almost nothing to look after punishing people who steal millions and millions of dollars. Plus the white collar thieves are generally the ones who fund their campaigns, so why bite the hand that feeds?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Vitalogy80 wrote: They're too busy putting pot dealers away for 10 years who make almost nothing to look after punishing people who steal millions and millions of dollars. Plus the white collar thieves are generally the ones who fund their campaigns, so why bite the hand that feeds?
... and they are the same one or have their own friends "investigating" themselves.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1888 posts
656 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: why anyone would ever short a stock like this, I will never understand. Hope a bunch of shorts got squeezed good.

The dumbest rumours move this stock 30% in 10 minutes.... it's nuts.
I'm guessing because they don't see Blackberry surviving for long...if a stock can move 30% in 10 minutes, it's essentially a penny stock in my mind and not something I want to be involved in.
Jul 29, 2010
144 posts
28 upvotes
ottawa
To those who profited on yesterday's move, I tip my hat to you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)