Cell Phones

who's getting a galaxy note II?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2013 4:45 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: will you get a note 2?

• Total votes: 455. You have voted on this poll.
white

30%
grey

34%
i am getting iphone5

12%
not getting it!

24%
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1694 posts
326 upvotes
Scarborough
Can I unroot my phone and receive the update and then root again?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4323 posts
589 upvotes
Ya you can but i believe you still have to be using the bell stock rom

After jb update you can root it again
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1737 posts
174 upvotes
Brampton
Devotion wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 4:27 pm
Can I unroot my phone and receive the update and then root again?
I was thinking of doing this. But i just decided to use a custom ROM instead. Installed CleanROM 4.2.5 and im quite enjoying it :)
Nov 24, 2003
381 posts
51 upvotes
Can anyone recommend a car mount for the note 2? I'm looking for a universal one which can fit the note 2 and the iphone if possible. Thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15422 posts
802 upvotes
Woodbridge
If you have a CD and don't use it, I recommend Mountek.

It's the most secured and best location.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
6341 posts
422 upvotes
6ix
jjboy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 1:27 am
If I try this and don't like it, is it possible to reintsall the "Samsung Rogers Rom"?
Yes, just download the stock Rogers rom and flash with odin
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3772 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
jjboy wrote:
If I try this and don't like it, is it possible to reintsall the "Samsung Rogers Rom"?
I cant see how someone would want the stock Rogers rom over cleanROM. Although I am not with Rogers, I can imagine that they have their fair share of useless bloatware apps that no one wants and just takes up valuable space. CleamROM is way better with no bloatware, optimized for speed and battery performance, and very similar to the stock rom.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1164 posts
134 upvotes
anyone update their Google Search? I cant seem to access the Menu to go to Google Now Settings on the Note 2 after the update, it keeps closing the menu automatically as soon as it opens..
Deal Addict
May 19, 2009
2422 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
jjboy wrote:
Root and install custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, etc) and make a nandroid backup. It basically creates a snapshot of your phone (minus external sd cards) and if you don't like you can restore it. The phone will be restored to the point of backup.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1737 posts
174 upvotes
Brampton
Rogers ROM consume about 900+ MB of RAM.

CleanROM v4.2.5 consumes about 620+ MB of RAM. That too me is enough reason for me to flash it. I can flash v4.5 (JellyBean based 4.2.2) but im quite happy with v4.2.5.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1283 posts
71 upvotes
NEMESIS_2008 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 4:09 pm
I cant see how someone would want the stock Rogers rom over cleanROM. Although I am not with Rogers, I can imagine that they have their fair share of useless bloatware apps that no one wants and just takes up valuable space. CleamROM is way better with no bloatware, optimized for speed and battery performance, and very similar to the stock rom.
The Rogers firmware is definitely bloated, but I still want to be able to restore it for various reasons. (resale etc)

Also if I install "cleanrom" do I lose the Samsung Sense interface? Do I need to root my phone first before I install the rom? Noob here sorry for the newb questions. ;)
May 12, 2004
699 posts
70 upvotes
jjboy wrote:
Feb 15th, 2013 3:09 pm
The Rogers firmware is definitely bloated, but I still want to be able to restore it for various reasons. (resale etc)

Also if I install "cleanrom" do I lose the Samsung Sense interface? Do I need to root my phone first before I install the rom? Noob here sorry for the newb questions. ;)
Scott's CleanRom series always has the stock experience no matter what platform he creates it for eg) HTC CleanRom is Sense, Note 2 CleanRom is TouchWiz, Nexus CleanRom is JB, etc. His series are really an excellent ROM collection. All his roms include root access.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1737 posts
174 upvotes
Brampton
jjboy wrote:
Feb 15th, 2013 3:09 pm

Well, you need your phone to be rooted for you to install a custom recovery. Once you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP, CWM) then you can flash your Note II with any ROM you want. You can't flash your phone with a Custom ROM w/o a custom recovery.

Start here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... light=twrp

Everything you want to know about rooting, flashing, custom recoveries about your Note II is here.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14049 posts
752 upvotes
Markham
awais wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 12:38 pm
anyone update their Google Search? I cant seem to access the Menu to go to Google Now Settings on the Note 2 after the update, it keeps closing the menu automatically as soon as it opens..
+1 same here
ShadowVlican
× < >