Cell Phones

who's getting a galaxy note II?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2013 4:45 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: will you get a note 2?

• Total votes: 455. You have voted on this poll.
white

30%
grey

34%
i am getting iphone5

12%
not getting it!

24%
Oct 31, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
LONDON
harryt wrote: anyone know if a note 2 N7100 case will fit a T889 note 2?

Basically an international model vs Wind
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I ordered a Nillkin case on eBay, it's for N7100 and fits perfectly on my i317.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jan 14, 2009
141 posts
2 upvotes
I got multiview since its tmobile unlocked. Actually dont use it much though.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone know the easiest way to root the Note II i317M?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
until I get bore of stock rom then I will install custom roms

I just hope we get dual screen function soon
Dec 17, 2008
200 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
So I recently switched from Mobilicity to Koodo and was curious if I should be flashing the telus/koodo radio on to my NII? its the SGH-T889 version.

When I inserted the koodo SIM there were some files downloaded including the Koodo APN, but I dont know if this includes the telus/koodo radio. I can make/receive calls and data is working, but some of my SMS messages are not being delivered.

I also find it weird that I can't run speedtests anymore on data (error says network communication issues).
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
2059 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough
Can someone show me how to activate 4G/LTE speeds on Unlimited Web Browsing for Petro Mobility. And also, do I have to root my phone to use the auto proxy?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Anybody else having trouble lasting over 11~12 hours with LTE on?
I've had to switch back to GSM a few times to conserve battery.

Edit: had 4 email accounts pushing...

I have been out of Android since the Eclair\Froyo days and recently got back to it with a note 2. Any tips on getting the battery to last longer with LTE? I can easily got a 1.5 days when I'm home over WIFI but LTE is just nasty...

Android has really come a long way, you can actually have widgets now without killing performance.

Cheers,
Dec 24, 2012
78 posts
1 upvote
BURNABY
Hello guys, I just got into a new contract with bell, getting a samsung galaxy note 2. This is my first smartphone and I am getting a bit overwhelmed about its features. Any tips on how to maximize its productivity will be well appreciated. Second, I need to travel out of province every 2 weeks for 3-4 days. Any tips on how to save on long-distance charges will be most helpful. Finally, I decided on a 1 gb data plan. Can someone kindly suggest exactly what can be done with 1 gb data? And how to save on 4g data charges?
Many thanks for your time folks, and wish you all a happy new year.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
for a starter go on youtube google some samsung note ii features. will give you what the note ii can do. S note, stylus all these feature are awesome
if you go to setting -> data usage -> you can set your monthly data usage so you dont go over.

disable data roaming (default should be disable) in setting -> more settings -> mobile networks (uncheck)

with 1 gb you can pretty much surf the web, emails etc. as long as you dont watch too much youtube HD videos you should be good.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Daddy7 wrote: Hello guys, I just got into a new contract with bell, getting a samsung galaxy note 2. This is my first smartphone and I am getting a bit overwhelmed about its features. Any tips on how to maximize its productivity will be well appreciated. Second, I need to travel out of province every 2 weeks for 3-4 days. Any tips on how to save on long-distance charges will be most helpful. Finally, I decided on a 1 gb data plan. Can someone kindly suggest exactly what can be done with 1 gb data? And how to save on 4g data charges?
Many thanks for your time folks, and wish you all a happy new year.

I usually watch reviews on YouTube to fully understand what the device can do, I love pocketnowvideo especially when it reviewed by Michael Fisher aka Tony Scott. LOL

The key to avoiding going over you Data Cap is to limit yourself from Stream Audio or Video such as TuneIn Radio, YouTube. Also turn off Automatic Updates if you can and Push your Messages every Hour instead of 10 minutes.

Visit Google play and take a look at their Top Apps (Paid & Free) and Widgets.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)