Cell Phones

who's getting a galaxy note II?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2013 4:45 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: will you get a note 2?

• Total votes: 455. You have voted on this poll.
white

30%
grey

34%
i am getting iphone5

12%
not getting it!

24%
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1333 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
awais wrote: anyone see the updates coming in yet? Im with Bell and no signs yet..

I read, IIRC, on Samsung Mobile Canada FB page someone posted they tweeted someone at Bell and they said some time in February...jokingly the OP said that means March which is not far from the truth.

But I am on Rogers and nothing yet. Was gonna root couple weeks ago but I experienced a random shut down that required a battery pull to restart so I want to hold off as it's still under warranty.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1939 posts
1711 upvotes
Center of the univer…
i know there was some info about the telus s2x getting jelly bean in feb but the last news release said samsung canada had planned to release it sometime this week.. :S

but you might be right, it will probably be march knowing our luck lol
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1333 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
Samsung also said that JB 4.1.2 would be released, at least for Rogers, last week...but here we are with nothing still.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1939 posts
1711 upvotes
Center of the univer…
IAM_IMMIGRANT where did you read last week?

as far as i know, they stated coming soon and people assumed it was gonna be last week, but then mobilesyrup stated that they got an email from Samsung Canada saying that it will be sometime this week..

Telus lists that they have it up there but it will take time as Google sends it out in parts to everyone.. so maybe by this week we might see it..
Jan 14, 2009
141 posts
2 upvotes
I can't search email on the server. I only get the latest 20 emails or so. In iphone I can search emails like 1 year back, or whatever is on the server. Anyone know how I can search emails on the server with my note 2? or a better email app you are using? Would be a GREAT help to me. thanks.
Jan 14, 2009
141 posts
2 upvotes
also also anyone know about MEDIAHUB (samsung version of itunes). It won't accept Cdn credit card. I'm trying to download not stream the tv show fringe season 5. What do you guys use to download latest tv shows? This would also be of GREAT help! If these things dont work out I gotta go back to apple
Nov 2, 2012
60 posts
31 upvotes
I gave up on the update. I rooted, installed clean rom 4.0.5. Should have done this a long time ago. Multi view is how the phone should have shipped. Love it.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1333 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
Yes, I read it on mobilesyrup about the update last week but did not read about the 'new' statement. But I won't be holding my breath.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1939 posts
1711 upvotes
Center of the univer…
bny768 wrote: I can't search email on the server. I only get the latest 20 emails or so. In iphone I can search emails like 1 year back, or whatever is on the server. Anyone know how I can search emails on the server with my note 2? or a better email app you are using? Would be a GREAT help to me. thanks.

the gmail app works for me and finds old emails as well
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1939 posts
1711 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Just to update, Samsung Canada has come out to say that the update will come in early Feb.. so you were right about the delay lol.. there is no point in waiting for this, it will come when it comes lol

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/01/24/samsu ... -february/

We’ve reached out to Samsung to see what the hold-up has been and have an quick update for you. According to an email I received the Jelly Bean update has been pushed out a few weeks, now expected to hit sometime “early February.”
Dec 20, 2012
123 posts
11 upvotes
Saint Catharines
awais wrote: Just to update, Samsung Canada has come out to say that the update will come in early Feb..
That may be when the carriers get it but probably not when the carriers actually release it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19780 posts
3408 upvotes
Woodbridge
Including my second Note 2 (Grey), there's 6-7 up for sale in BST.

I sold it for BlackBerry Z10 and will likely sell my other Note 2 (White ) when S4 comes out.

Anyone else selling theirs?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 24, 2012
78 posts
1 upvote
BURNABY
Why are you selling them. Did you have any problems with them?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
Daddy7 wrote: Why are you selling them. Did you have any problems with them?

the grass is always greener on the other side...till you find out, its astro-turf and and useless.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1333 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
Note 2 4.1.2 is supposedly being rolled out on Wednesday from many posts found Here. Keep your fingers crossed.
Jun 22, 2009
196 posts
36 upvotes
Is there a model of this phone that has both FM radio and LTE that will work in Canada?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4059 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
Why wait for 4.1.2 when you can root and flash a custom rom with no crapware? I am on cleanrom and loving it.
Aug 21, 2011
80 posts
28 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
I really do hope wind gets this... Although I'm pretty t sure it won't. Rooting and putting a custom rom on this device is a mess at the moment.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1333 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
NEMESIS_2008 wrote: Why wait for 4.1.2 when you can root and flash a custom rom with no crapware? I am on cleanrom and loving it.
Had a random shut down that required a battery pull to reset. Iy may have been due to extreme cold that day but wanna give it couple weeks while still under warranty as I didn't buy the phone out right. Otherwise I would have gone with cleanrom as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)