Cell Phones

who's getting a galaxy note II?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2013 4:45 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: will you get a note 2?

• Total votes: 455. You have voted on this poll.
white

30%
grey

34%
i am getting iphone5

12%
not getting it!

24%
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5809 posts
515 upvotes
Greely
mrwiggles wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:12 pm
In my case, purchasing with a credit card from a brick and mortar place doubles the warrantee, and also gives me a recourse should there be any fault with the phone, or if I decide that I don't like the size of the phone.

On Craigslist, you may save $200, but you're still out $500 if the phone dies after a few days for whatever reason, or if you decide you don't like the phone. The Note II is quite a different beast of a phone.
Not quite... if it dies, you'll still get warranty from Samsung. And if you decide you don't like it, you can easily resell it and take a $50 hit.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15199 posts
762 upvotes
Woodbridge
A lot of my family and friends worry so much about warranty so they would rather pay retail.

I bought so many and saved so much on kijiji that when I sell I'm still up or even.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
2180 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Does Best Buy have the otterbox for the Note 2? I signed up for the $12.99 plan because apparently it protects against rooting...and unlimited replacements
for the full $649.99. Is this true? I can still return it, but I guess I have that piece of mind.

The person through in an otterbox on raincheck as they didn't have any stock, but I didn't see it on the website either. So I'm not sure if he was telling the
truth or not.

He gave me a temporary flip cover case, until the otterbox one comes.
Nov 7, 2003
403 posts
33 upvotes
Just picked up my Note 2 last week and love it, quite the change from my iPhone 5.

Dumb question - on my iPhone I could leave GPS on as the it would only be used when I went into an app that needed location services. Does the same apply to the Note II on Jelly Bean? Can I just leave GPS on all the time?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5809 posts
515 upvotes
Greely
325i wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 1:40 pm
Just picked up my Note 2 last week and love it, quite the change from my iPhone 5.

Dumb question - on my iPhone I could leave GPS on as the it would only be used when I went into an app that needed location services. Does the same apply to the Note II on Jelly Bean? Can I just leave GPS on all the time?

Thanks!
Yes, it's the same as your iPhone.
Mar 24, 2007
430 posts
11 upvotes
After using my Galaxy Nexus for several months, I found the fonts and icons size of Note 2 too large.

I know how to change the font size, is there a way to change the size of the icons as well?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
Use nova launcher. Lets you customize a lotta stuff. Also you can make the icon grid 7x7 and change the icon sizes. Go launcher can also do it.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5809 posts
515 upvotes
Greely
madman604 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 4:12 pm
Use nova launcher. Lets you customize a lotta stuff. Also you can make the icon grid 7x7 and change the icon sizes. Go launcher can also do it.
+1 for Nova, I use it on my S3 and had it on my Note for the brief time I was using it.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1331 posts
183 upvotes
Hey, I HUP'd in July to the Galaxy S III, if I went to BB to get the Note on a new 3 year term, would there still be a HUP fee? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5809 posts
515 upvotes
Greely
bolthead wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:02 pm
Hey, I HUP'd in July to the Galaxy S III, if I went to BB to get the Note on a new 3 year term, would there still be a HUP fee? Thanks!
Yes, definitely, and it will be huge. Also the phone will be $149 with a $50 mail-in rebate instead of the $49 that is being promoted.

Check your economic inducement details on your contract.

This is assuming Rogers.
Nov 4, 2003
548 posts
40 upvotes
steve-0101 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:27 pm
Not quite... if it dies, you'll still get warranty from Samsung. And if you decide you don't like it, you can easily resell it and take a $50 hit.
How does the warranty work with Samsung directly?I got my note off kijiji and always assumed I'm taking the risk of no warranty.
Dec 20, 2012
122 posts
10 upvotes
Saint Catharines
ShadowVlican wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 11:27 pm
Why are people paying so much for this phone with all the bnib/lnib available...
As others have said I got it from a Rogers store because of the warranty plus it was on average only $100 less then brand new. If you buy one of Kijiji or of a friend and if its already a years old then there would be no warranty.It could also be buggy or the battery life could be bad and that's why its been sold but you won't know until you use it for a few days.
× < >