Cell Phones

who's getting a galaxy note II?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2013 4:45 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: will you get a note 2?

• Total votes: 455. You have voted on this poll.
white

30%
grey

34%
i am getting iphone5

12%
not getting it!

24%
Dec 24, 2012
75 posts
1 upvote
BURNABY
Hi balance and bembol, many thanks for your suggestion.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4323 posts
589 upvotes
np daddy7

btw guys I got my otterbox commuter case from crackberry.ca today

I had like a tpu case on my note 2 for few weeks now. good case but I still like hard case because they feel so much better in the hand! Most of the hard case doesnt cover the edge of the phone like the silicon/tpu case does.

otterbox comutter does make the note 2 bigger but so far I'm digging it :D power and vol isn't bad as I thought it would be. will report back in a few weeks to see if there's any problems worth mentioning! also forgot to add, its nice how it covers the headphone and usb port when i'm not using it.

not into flip case atm :P
Dec 24, 2012
75 posts
1 upvote
BURNABY
Hi balance' thanks for the info. Yes, please keep us posted. Btw I am now using a flip case (D protection) that I picked up from X skin Metrotown mall. It is good. It is nice lookingand compact.Only problem is, as you mentioned, it does not cover the edges.It covers the side edge btw,the one with the power button.But it does not cover the top and bottom edges.
Dec 24, 2012
75 posts
1 upvote
BURNABY
Btw does the otter box commuter case charges the phone as well?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2678 posts
313 upvotes
Newmarket
just got my grey note 2 last week. first day root, cwm and cleanrom install :)

love it. got my spigen spg ultra thin air case on the way and i'm set.

i never turn off LTE and i can get myself a complete day (6am - 11pm) with still about 15% battery left. ...and the camera is heads and shoulders above my old galaxy s2 skyrocket camera.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3263 posts
152 upvotes
Daddy7 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 2:39 am
Btw does the otter box commuter case charges the phone as well?
Its not a battery case....
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1733 posts
174 upvotes
Brampton
jimmy-j wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 8:29 am
just got my grey note 2 last week. first day root, cwm and cleanrom install :)

love it. got my spigen spg ultra thin air case on the way and i'm set.

i never turn off LTE and i can get myself a complete day (6am - 11pm) with still about 15% battery left. ...and the camera is heads and shoulders above my old galaxy s2 skyrocket camera.

Nice. I was debating to install CleanROM but i decided to live with the stock Rogers ROM (w/ me cleaning the Rogers clutter) for a week or so. So far, i hate the native SMS app. HTC has waayy better native SMS app.

BTW, anyways i can keep the screen on indefinitely? It only gives me to a max of 10 mins before it shuts off. Im assuming i have to install another ROM to get this feature?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1196 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
Quick question for those with the GN2...I just got mine a few days ago and something has been bugging me.
When I had my old GS1 running stock GB when I looked up lets say a resturant or something on the browser and it list a phone number I could just 'tap' on that number and it would pull up the dialer with the number already entered.
I just tried the same thing today with the GN2 running JB and nothing!!! It was so damn annoying.

Am I doing something wrong or is this no longer a function on JB??
pennywize wrote:Go up to her in person and ask: Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
Apr 18th, 2011 3:30 pm
I'd push an old lady in front of a semi to get a penny off the sidewalk.
Aug 28, 2008
392 posts
London
jimmy-j wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 4:24 pm
I might try paranoid.. thats the beauty of recovery and nandroids. Try before I decide on a daily.
JellyBam is a good AOSP ROM for the Note II I had issues with Paranoid such as the camera would stop working and Bluetooth wouldn't work for me.
Aug 28, 2008
392 posts
London
balance wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 2:08 am
np daddy7

btw guys I got my otterbox commuter case from crackberry.ca today

I had like a tpu case on my note 2 for few weeks now. good case but I still like hard case because they feel so much better in the hand! Most of the hard case doesnt cover the edge of the phone like the silicon/tpu case does.

otterbox comutter does make the note 2 bigger but so far I'm digging it :D power and vol isn't bad as I thought it would be. will report back in a few weeks to see if there's any problems worth mentioning! also forgot to add, its nice how it covers the headphone and usb port when i'm not using it.

not into flip case atm :P
How's the access to the Spen with the otterbox?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3336 posts
146 upvotes
Thornhill
iam_immigrant wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 6:42 pm
Quick question for those with the GN2...I just got mine a few days ago and something has been bugging me.
When I had my old GS1 running stock GB when I looked up lets say a resturant or something on the browser and it list a phone number I could just 'tap' on that number and it would pull up the dialer with the number already entered.
I just tried the same thing today with the GN2 running JB and nothing!!! It was so damn annoying.

Am I doing something wrong or is this no longer a function on JB??

Works fine for me. I am on CleanRom 3.5 though, still stock like JB.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1196 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
mau108 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 3:34 pm
Works fine for me. I am on CleanRom 3.5 though, still stock like JB.
Thanks for the reply. Still doesn't work for me. Are the phone no. you're looking up on pages like Yellow Pages/Yelp/Google where there is a "Call" icon or "press-able" button? I can get those no problems but if it's just a number on a page I can hear it register the 'tap' but nothing.

I hope it's just something I'm doing wrong and not something with the OS because we're supposed to move forward with technology not backwards.
pennywize wrote:Go up to her in person and ask: Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1196 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
Anyone running stock ROM do the 'app' exynos exploit patch found on XDA?

If yes, does it put your device on modified or normal? And did you lose any functions?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
× < >