• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2010 12:38 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2006
656 posts
3 upvotes

Who's up and lining up?!

I'm awake, anything you guys see worth lining up for?
:)
17 replies
Aug 4, 2010
898 posts
43 upvotes
About to leave... 5:00 am to Best Buy. I don't care if I don't get what I want, just the chance at that $500 is worth waiting around for an hour (for me, in my circumstances). My item is likely to go on sale somewhere else at another time, so no big deal!
Nov 7, 2006
656 posts
3 upvotes
Chuckled wrote: About to leave... 5:00 am to Best Buy. I don't care if I don't get what I want, just the chance at that $500 is worth waiting around for an hour. If I don't get what I want, at least I can say I put an in an effort and entered into the draw.

Ah... well it's worth trying but I'm sure there's one hell of a line up already.
I was looking for some speakers but I don't see any deals.. :(
Aug 4, 2010
898 posts
43 upvotes
KonniXeoN wrote: Ah... well it's worth trying but I'm sure there's one hell of a line up already.
I was looking for some speakers but I don't see any deals.. :(

Best of luck, my friend! I'm just going for the draw at this point!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2639 upvotes
Toronto
I've been up since 2am, couldn't go back to sleep. Not lining up. I realized I could order my stuff online.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1975 posts
88 upvotes
Lining up at Future Shop, I need those 16GB SDHC cards (not in the flyer; Duracell class 10 for $30). Line at Eglinton&Warden: around the building.

Also going to Walmart for camcorder afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Mr. Robo wrote: I've been up since 2am, couldn't go back to sleep. Not lining up. I realized I could order my stuff online.

Thought about lining up for the $500 draw but it's about -18 with the wind chill here and there isn't much of anything I need at 6 AM other than warmth. :(
Oct 4, 2008
10 posts
Mississauga
I drove to Best Buy about 20 mins ago to line up...as soon as I got there, I turned the car around. :p The line up wrapped around the entire building already >.<

Crazy people. :p
Nov 7, 2006
656 posts
3 upvotes
icyglaze wrote: I drove to Best Buy about 20 mins ago to line up...as soon as I got there, I turned the car around. :p The line up wrapped around the entire building already >.<

Hmmmmm.. okay I guess I won't be lining up then! :lol:

I could probably go.. but I think I'll get my extra sleep than to save a few bucks~!

The stuff I want normally is never on-sale on boxing day! I'll end up going to futureshop around the afternoon, and if they still have that duracell sdhc then I'll pick one up for my netbook :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
fergy wrote: Thought about lining up for the $500 draw but it's about -18 with the wind chill here and there isn't much of anything I need at 6 AM other than warmth. :(
icyglaze wrote: I drove to Best Buy about 20 mins ago to line up...as soon as I got there, I turned the car around. :p The line up wrapped around the entire building already >.<

Wow, what temperature is it in your city?
Oct 4, 2008
10 posts
Mississauga
fergy wrote: Wow, what temperature is it in your city?

Feels like -13 with wind chill in mississauga :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
icyglaze wrote: Feels like -13 with wind chill in mississauga :)

-13 is bearable for a while if you can get some shelter from others in line. -18 is really cutting it thin in terms of warmth for standing around. You need layers and really good gloves and boots. :-P
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
nothing worth it for me to lineup this year, was hoping to get a smoking hot cheap SSD or cheap laptop deal
Sep 12, 2005
8 posts
I lined up at Best Buy at 6 am. Got in around 6:45... found out that the ONE item I wanted was sold out. FML .... had to wait in the cold too...
So all I bought today was a McDonald's breakfast. I'm pissed.
Banned
Nov 12, 2010
238 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wingfoot2388 wrote: I lined up at Best Buy at 6 am. Got in around 6:45... found out that the ONE item I wanted was sold out. FML .... had to wait in the cold too...
So all I bought today was a McDonald's breakfast. I'm pissed.

haha owned.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
hahaha i seen the CP24 footage of those lining up through the night. Most on the camera seemed like Asian kids in their Canada Goose jackets. I guess they really do need them in southern Ontario once in a while. :lol:
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3785 posts
6265 upvotes
Went to best buy heartland in mississauga for a chance at the 500 gift card draw, got there at 4:30 am, already about 200 people !! by 5:15 guy handing out tickets for draw, stops 1/2 way and said he'll be back, easily 400+ people..........5:50 am the guy handing out the tickets never came back 6 am lines move, but stops at the corner of building, no more tickets handing out : ( was really pissed !! 6:15 am, store not being opened yet, and no drawing yet......just left and went to Canada computers

@ CC in mississauga......got there at 6:20 am already 30 people in line. store opens 45 min early at 7:15 am yayyyyy and about 80+ or so people at this point !! was only allowed to be let in 10 at a time. got in finally at 7:30 am.