Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2931 posts
2091 upvotes
Burnaby

'Who's viewing this thread feature' is back

Quite a few nice functionality was added in the recent update to the forums. Clickable query by seller id selecting from titles in the current forum (and not from posts in several forums like the clickable sellers id found in the tag list). And... 'who's viewing this thread' !!

Congratulations!

As a side note. I can see the stats and list of people browsing a thread even if I'm not logged in. I wonder if this an intended new behavior. IIRC, previously this feature was available only for logged in members. There's an old thread by Acidbomber about this same topic, please merge if appropriate.
yare yare daze...
7 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
This was indeed one of the few updates we rolled out this morning. The functionality was lost when we updated to PHPBB last year and we're happy to finally be able to bring it back. It's a nice indicator of how popular a thread is and we hope in the future to be able to do more with this information.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14516 posts
18044 upvotes
ONTARIO
Kudos on bringing the 'who is viewing thread' feature back. I always thought this was a cool feature. Especially when a really hot deal pops up and you suddenly see a thousand people viewing a thread lol.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27704 posts
773 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Many years ago, the niftiest feature of vB was the ability to see the post count of everyone in a thread.

It was staggering (& Humbling) to see just how much people (myself at times) had spent in one single thread answering questions & keeping it updated (Old Rogers Retention thread). I forget where it was or how I saw it the first time. Probably just stumbled across it when I was studying the functionalities of the forum earlier on.

I say bring that back too!
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
bubble.tea wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 1:12 pm
Many years ago, the niftiest feature of vB was the ability to see the post count of everyone in a thread.

It was staggering (& Humbling) to see just how much people (myself at times) had spent in one single thread answering questions & keeping it updated (Old Rogers Retention thread). I forget where it was or how I saw it the first time. Probably just stumbled across it when I was studying the functionalities of the forum earlier on.

I say bring that back too!
It's a neat feature but isn't really that useful. It's not off the table but I don't see this one coming back anytime soon.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1667 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Under user settings, I have "Hide My Online Status" checked. Does that override this feature?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
akira1971 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:03 am
Under user settings, I have "Hide My Online Status" checked. Does that override this feature?
If you turn that on you won't appear in this list.