Shopping Discussion

Whose in line? Or will be in line early?

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2004 11:05 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Jun 5, 2003
366 posts

Whose in line? Or will be in line early?

It's 2:30am EST. I recall driving home to my sister's in Mississauga around the same time last year and there were already people lined up at the Heartland Best Buy.

I'm not anywhere near a Best Buy or Future Shop, so I'm just wondering if anyone is inline and reading this forum. Or plan to be in line before the stores open? What store do you plan to line up at and when. I am near a Walmart and <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24 target=_blank>Canadian Tire</a>, so I may go early.

Any good line stories?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6743 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto, ON
justlooking wrote:I'm not anywhere near a Best Buy or Future Shop, so I'm just wondering if anyone is inline and reading this forum. Or plan to be in line before the stores open?
I'll be at a Future Shop in an undisclosed Ottawa location at about 6AM, maybe earlier if I can drag my dad out earlier than that.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1128 posts
177 upvotes
I was at Best Buy at the leaside location at 3:45am, was the first one there and the only car there.. decided to drive around and then just sat in the car till 4:50am then lined up for a bit, and was about 7 in line, didn't matter to me if I was first since I was buying an expensive item and there will be still stock.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6743 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto, ON
VivienM wrote:I'll be at a Future Shop in an undisclosed Ottawa location at about 6AM, maybe earlier if I can drag my dad out earlier than that.
And I'm back. Got there about 5:45, was about 25th in line. Lots more people showed up after me. Got all the stuff I wanted. I love Boxing Day.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
27 upvotes
haha Done my 'boxing day' shopping online... no need to get up early.. hehe
Banned
Aug 17, 2004
534 posts
why bother waiting in line, isnt that a big waste of time, not to mention standing out in the cold. i mean, cant you just get there by the time the doors open and go in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6743 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OS44 wrote:why bother waiting in line, isnt that a big waste of time, not to mention standing out in the cold. i mean, cant you just get there by the time the doors open and go in.
Sure, except the 100-200 people in line ahead of you get first shot at the hot doorcrashers.
Banned
Aug 17, 2004
534 posts
Heres a funny boxing day story, dont know if it's true or not, but it's for the people that like to wait in line for nothing
hamhead wrote:HAHAHA,
there were these stupid wannabes waiting there, and there was this old guy and this other guy waiting there since 10am and the wannabe punks were waiting there since 2am!!! LOL and GUESS WUT?!!

I sneak in thru the parking lot while like 30 ppl were waiting outside the mall doors. and guess wut.. there were already like 10 ppl lining up at the store already. then 3 mins later, the malls 'automatic' doors open and the 30 ppl run in like they are running for their lives and guess wut.. theres already a 15ppl line up~!!!! LOL, and ALSO, they got so pissed off so they started yelling things like " I ****ING WAITED HERE FOR ****ING 9 HOURS and this other guy WAITED A ****ING 12 HOURS SINCE YESTERDAY 10PM" then the wannabe punks asks the first guy in line "HOW MANY HOURS DID U WAIT?! HUH?!" Then the first guy in line tried not to answer, then they started arguing then finally the wannabe punks said "I DONT GIVE A ****, IM GETTING WHAT I CAME FOR, I WAITED 9 ****ING HOURS". After that, I left and my friend stayed to see if he could buy somehting. In the end, NO ONE BOUGHT ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY WERE SO LOUD AND VIOLENT THAT THE GLASS DOOR ALMOST BROKE AND THE OWNER GOT SO SCARED THAT HE CALLED THE POLICE. So the police came and told everyone to go home! LOL

IMHO: WHO THE **** CARES HOW MANY HOURS YOU STUPID ASS PUNKS LINED UP AND WAITED FOR THE DOOR TO OPEN, ITS FIRST ONE FIRST SERVE, SO STFU U STUPID PUNKS, UR JUST SO STUPID TO WAIT OUTSIDE WHILE PEOPLE WERE GOING INTO THE MALL TO WAIT. NO ONE GIVES A **** THAT U WAITED 9 ****ING HOURS, I COULD SAY THAT I WAITED 9 ****ING DAYS AT HOME! ****ING MORONS. In the end, no one even bought anything , not even the $99 17" LCD, because the owner was frightened in case there was a riot. ****ing wannabe punk morons waited 9 ****ing hours FOR NOTHING HAHAHAHA, also, my friend told me that this guy that looked 19hrs old was CRYING!! HAHA, CRYING!!!!!! LOL.
Banned
Aug 17, 2004
534 posts
VivienM wrote:Sure, except the 100-200 people in line ahead of you get first shot at the hot doorcrashers.
Maybe I wasnt being clear, of course you go in before/at the same as the first few people in line. just meet up with the people at the front when the doors are about to open, you might have to push a bit since everybody is jamming thru the doors, but there is no wait time, thats only for the suckers
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
OS44 wrote:Maybe I wasnt being clear, of course you go in before/at the same as the first few people in line. just meet up with the people at the front when the doors are about to open, you might have to push a bit since everybody is jamming thru the doors, but there is no wait time, thats only for the suckers
i can't believe this kind of people exist in the world. do you still have any conscience? hijacking the lineup and you call them smart? Mod please ban this guy :mad:
Banned
Aug 17, 2004
534 posts
nickia wrote:i can't believe this kind of people exist in the world. do you still have any conscience? hijacking the lineup and you call them smart? Mod please ban this guy :mad:
It's first come first serve, there are no dibs, not even when you wait in line, in subzero temps for an hr. You should learn to understand, before you talk about banning for no reason. Maybe I should say "mods, plz ban nickia, he makes no sense at all"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
OS44 wrote:It's first come first serve, there are no dibs, not even when you wait in line, in subzero temps for an hr. You should learn to understand, before you talk about banning for no reason. Maybe I should say "mods, plz ban nickia, he makes no sense at all"
so you're encouraging people to crash into the store because it's "first come first serve"?
Banned
Aug 17, 2004
534 posts
they dont call them "doorchrashers" for nothing ;)

Top