Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1767 posts
525 upvotes
Winnipeg

Why am I constantly being logged out?

Before you reset all our passwords last month I never had a problem staying signed in on my mobile device and my computer.....and now it seems like 2 to 3 times a week I get kicked out now. Was there a site setting change that forces us to log back in every so often now? It's very annoying and I wondering if I am doing something wrong? I have had to change my password 3 times because I keep forgetting the new one (because I normally never have to log in again!)

Thanks
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
22 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
Nothing has changed with our log in system. Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and/or cookies?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2375 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
This is happening to me too ...
using my iPhone.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
4943 posts
300 upvotes
Markham
Me too...not sure if i m logged in again since all the threads are now showing as "read"
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3571 posts
454 upvotes
yep it is happening ... like last time ...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5903 posts
1238 upvotes
It is more obvious this is happening a lot when there is a significant time gap between the time any new posts or replies in the "Hot Deals" section are made.
For instance, right now there is a 1 hour time gap between the time any new posts have been made at all in the busiest section of these forums.

There definitely are some issues with the log-in system.
Sometimes I would appear logged-in in the upper user control panel but I cannot post new messages or reply to messages as if I were offline.

When trying to re-log in when it appears that the user is logged in already it sometimes produces a "503 Service Unavailable" error and sometimes it will work and
log the user back in as normal.

When trying to post a new message, the text entry box will not be present even when it appears you are logged in.
When clicking the reply button, It would bring me back to the Log-in Screen even though the upper right hand corner of the screen appears to show the user as logged-in as normal.

Another problem that has been around for a couple months at least is the constantly changing city location. I don't use a VPN but
my location randomly keeps on changing even if I set it to Toronto manually.
TomRFD wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 9:17 pm
Nothing has changed with our log in system. Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and/or cookies?
Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 7th, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3571 posts
454 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 2:30 pm
It is more obvious this is happening a lot when there is a significant time gap between the time any new posts or replies in the "Hot Deals" section are made.

There definitely are some issues with the log-in system.
Sometimes I would appear logged-in in the upper user control panel but I cannot post new messages or reply to messages as if I were offline.

When trying to re-log in when it appears that the user is logged in already it sometimes produces a "503 Service Unavailable" error and sometimes it will work and
log the user back in as normal.

When trying to post a new message, the dialog entry box will not be present.
When clicking the reply button, It would bring me back to the Log-in Screen even though the upper right hand corner of the screen appears to show the user as logged-in as normal.

Another problem that has been around for a couple months at least is the constantly changing city location. I don't use a VPN but
my location keeps on changing even if I set it to Toronto manually.
yep ... it looks ok for me for now ...
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2375 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 2:23 pm
Being logged out you mean? Safari, another browser or our app?
Being logged out.
On your app.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
MrsPotato wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 3:38 pm
Being logged out.
On your app.
If it just started last Tuesday then it's part of the current data center issue we're experiencing. If it's been happening longer than that please send an email to support@redflagdeals.com and we'll check into your account for you.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 20, 2015
318 posts
123 upvotes
Nunavut
I'm getting 503s regularly and booted out of my login session. Seems okay this morning but last night around midnight was horrible!
😃😃😃
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4190 posts
1146 upvotes
Ytterbium wrote:
Apr 8th, 2017 7:46 am
I'm getting 503s regularly and booted out of my login session. Seems okay this morning but last night around midnight was horrible!
I'm having the exact same issue. I get logged out all the time over the past couple of days. I was finally able to get back in now. I get 503 errors all day yesterday on phone (android), pc, and ipad.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10354 posts
2059 upvotes
GTA
Me too, all yesterday. Could see forums as a guest but login was impossible.

Good to be back.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3169 posts
559 upvotes
London
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 8th, 2017 9:35 am
Me too, all yesterday. Could see forums as a guest but login was impossible.

Good to be back.
I could see forums but was useless for the most part as there were no updates or new deals because people couldn't post. Grr.
Dec 20, 2015
318 posts
123 upvotes
Nunavut
Logged out again this morning. I need to write a script that will AutoFill and submit.
😃😃😃