Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta

Why am I not getting my email?

Can someone help me figure out why Iam not getting some of my email sent to my hotmail account? Some emails seem to be getting through while others are not. It seems I can send email fine but receiving seems to be a different story. Nothing in my junk mail, not in the deleted items box and nothing is being directed to another folder.
Somthing strange happened last week where all of the sudden some of my email in my inbox just "disappeared". I didn't delete them and they were nowhere to be found (including my deleted items box). Anyone know why this would be the case?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2006
1029 posts
14 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: Can someone help me figure out why Iam not getting some of my email sent to my hotmail account? Some emails seem to be getting through while others are not. It seems I can send email fine but receiving seems to be a different story. Nothing in my junk mail, not in the deleted items box and nothing is being directed to another folder.
Somthing strange happened last week where all of the sudden some of my email in my inbox just "disappeared". I didn't delete them and they were nowhere to be found (including my deleted items box). Anyone know why this would be the case?
Your account was hacked? Change your password and security questions as a first step and see if that helps.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Kranberry wrote: Your account was hacked? Change your password and security questions as a first step and see if that helps.
Okay, I guess I could do that. But truthfully, even thought I know it's possible...I just can't believe that's what happened. I sent myself some emails from my work account and kept my hotmail account open so I could see if they came through and still didnt' receive them. Some emails come through and others don't. Why would someone hack into my account just to randomly delete emails?
There must be some kind of setting somewhere that has screwed up my account...I just can't figure out where.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3558 posts
26 upvotes
check in your email settings for the following.
is everything being sent to junk except for either your contacts or some specific emails. and is your junk being deleted immediately.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1248 posts
62 upvotes
did you restart your computer?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3322 posts
328 upvotes
ReDmAn wrote: did you restart your computer?
lol

don't forget to try formatting
(my shoutout to dell 1st tier techs)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2007
1670 posts
217 upvotes
Markham
Please post your login ID and password so we can help you fix this problem...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Krakilin0405 wrote: Please post your login ID and password so we can help you fix this problem...
LOL!!Okay, I am not that stupid!

I have checked my junk mail folder and nothing is there and it is not getting deleted immediately. I also have other folders in my email and nothing is in there either.
I have checked the settings to see if maybe some email contacts have been blocked...but now it seems I have no contacts listed. When I type in an email address into the "send to:" box, I can type in addresses and it will give me the prompt for the emails I have done before but I can't access any list of contacts.
I also pick up my email from my iphone but no matter where I access my hotmail, I am not getting certain emails.
Is there anywhere at hotmail I can email to have them find out what the problem is?

BTW, thanks to the mod for moving this thread to the appropriate forum.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
TapemanPL wrote: check in your email settings for the following.
is everything being sent to junk except for either your contacts or some specific emails. and is your junk being deleted immediately.
Oops, I didn't read your post properly. I have just checked what you stated and yes, it was set for junk mail to be deleted immediately. And it seems that the setting was set to "exclusive" so that only email addresses already ion my contact would come through to my inbox. And since I no longer seem to have a contact list....my guess is that certain emails just got sent directly to my junk mail folder and then deleted right away. I changed the settings as TapemanPL suggested and I just tried it using my work email and sure enough the email went directly into my junk mail folder.
Thanks so much TapemanPL! Now I have to put in my contact list all over again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)