Site Comments & Suggestions

Why cant I "reply back with quote" on one computer , but on the other I can?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2016 3:07 pm
Jul 21, 2016
171 posts
8 upvotes

Why cant I "reply back with quote" on one computer , but on the other I can?

So I have two laptops, on one I can reply back with quote on threads, but on the other when I am reading a thread it will not let me?

I am signed in on both laptops.

???
16 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Istillwanttodoit wrote: So I have two laptops, on one I can reply back with quote on threads, but on the other when I am reading a thread it will not let me?

???
Why do you need to use two laptops to browse here?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Jul 21, 2016
171 posts
8 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Istillwanttodoit wrote: So I have two laptops, on one I can reply back with quote on threads, but on the other when I am reading a thread it will not let me?

???
Why do you need to use two laptops to browse here?
They are in two different rooms of the house upstairs and downstars
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Can't quote on my desktop either.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
I can quote but sometimes the quote doesn't turn out quite right with quotation marks and all that. Must be another glitch.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
I can't reply with quote from Internet Explorer, but works with Firefox. The website was perfect until they decided to do this so called upgrade and ruined it.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
can't reply either on a new fresh install of windows 10 and IE or Edge
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
TomRFD wrote: Is everyone who can't quote running IE?
Maxthon on Win7 here (IE-based?), cannot "Reply with Quote" either (a wheel/pop-up tries to run, and then nothing happens). I do have AdBlocker on
BUT......if I open new tab/window with the link (e.g. middle-click "Reply with Quote"), then it works, like I'm doing now. This link works = posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=26662116&t=2031896

Works fine in Chrome = same window as "Edit Post" shows, with proper replies quoted inside
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12573 upvotes
Markham
I can't reply with quote in Firefox and iOS app
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
I can't reply at all on my desktop Windows 10 computer. I would click on the Reply or Quote button, and I would think that it will take me to a reply screen, but then nothing happens.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
I can't believe the basic, critical feature is easily broken, strange, on IE and even Firefox ...
1 "reply with quote" = I can get by, by opening in new tab/window
"multi quote" is the real pain ... as it doesn't work, I had to open 3 tabs and then manually copy the actual text/code back into 1 window to post
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
smartie wrote:I can't reply with quote in Firefox and iOS app
jerryhung wrote: I can't believe the basic, critical feature is easily broken, strange, on IE and even Firefox ...
Can you two let me know what version or Firefox you're using? We're not able to replicate this on 46, 47 or 48.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Not working for me either with Edge browser on the two computers I have. I'm running the latest Win 10 Anniversary Update release.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)