Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11195 posts
754 upvotes
Kasakato wrote:
Jul 31st, 2016 10:35 pm
The fact you posted about it means it worked.
Worked in what sense? Making sure people remember NOT to buy their cars?

There is such a thing as negative mindshare.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20920 posts
1888 upvotes
board123 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2016 3:02 pm

There is such a thing as negative mindshare.
Are 'annoying commercials' part of a consumers decision tree? The entire campaign is to raise awareness with millennials through a 360 campaign, theres a ton of social associated with matuer'er.

Cringe worthy but nonetheless: https://www.buzzfeed.com/chevycruzecana ... .mjqjnB8Qz

I have never met someone who avoids a car because its commercial is annoying. I have met people who do not consider Chevy because they are unaware of their current year lineup.
[OP]
Apr 29, 2016
168 posts
43 upvotes
Kasakato wrote:
Aug 1st, 2016 4:02 pm
Are 'annoying commercials' part of a consumers decision tree? The entire campaign is to raise awareness with millennials through a 360 campaign, theres a ton of social associated with matuer'er.

Cringe worthy but nonetheless: https://www.buzzfeed.com/chevycruzecana ... .mjqjnB8Qz

I have never met someone who avoids a car because its commercial is annoying. I have met people who do not consider Chevy because they are unaware of their current year lineup.
Actually the Chevy commercials have turned me off the brand ... oh and the mechanical problems also do.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11195 posts
754 upvotes
Kasakato wrote:
Aug 1st, 2016 4:02 pm

Would anybody who avoids a car based on a commercial explicitly tell you about it?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
172 upvotes
board123 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2016 3:02 pm
Advertising doesn't exist to sell products. It exists to keep advertisers employed. So, by claiming that someone remembering a commercial means it worked, they can keep those $$$$ coming in.
Mar 5, 2015
157 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Jigsaw wrote:
Aug 1st, 2016 12:11 pm
who remembers the "minivan man" commercial? all I remember is "do you know the minivan man? have you seen the minivan man", how does the rest of it go?
Oh yes, that's the representable example. :D
Jul 27, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
I really like Mercedes one, about cheating death. It was a good one.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29068 posts
994 upvotes
Fernando Po
What I miss out on not having a TV.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26230 posts
6067 upvotes
GTHA
hagbard wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2016 4:10 pm
What I miss out on not having a TV.
I watch ads on YouTube... :o
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29068 posts
994 upvotes
Fernando Po
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2016 4:19 pm
I watch ads on YouTube... :o
Did I sound disappointed?
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29068 posts
994 upvotes
Fernando Po
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2016 4:27 pm
yes :razz:
I wasn't. But then, the commercials are usually better than the shows from what I recall.