Art and Photography

Locked: Why Did Android DSLR/Mirrorless Cameras Not Become Mainstream?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2019 2:48 pm
Oct 3, 2011
480 posts
276 upvotes
OTTAWA
I'm going to use a ford fiesta to move this load of crap instead of a dump truck. They're both vehicles, you can move stuff in the fiesta, it takes a lot less gas too.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2105 posts
342 upvotes
I don't want the power of Google's pixel camera app. The reason is because I shoot RAW and have the ability to edit my own photos. I don't need them sharpening or softening anything, changing exposure, adjust shadows, etc.

What the google camera app is doing is making these decisions for you based on a machine learning approach that you have no input into. This is the opposite of someone interested in photography should be doing. It's like being a race car driver sitting in a self driving car. Convenient but not really the point.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
spiralspirit wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:33 am
It's like being a race car driver sitting in a self driving car. Convenient but not really the point.
A self driving race car is far faster and safer than a human driving in a race. Why do you think you can edit photos better than Google's multi billion dollar AI algorithms? Everything you can do in Photoshop, Google can automate and do better.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1117 posts
745 upvotes
Montreal
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 1:12 pm
Everything you can do in Photoshop, Google can automate and do better.
No it can't... at least not yet.
Aug 15, 2018
85 posts
26 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 4:41 pm
The moment Google or Apple decides to make a mirrorless-smartphone hybrid with their backing is the moment Canon and Sony's camera divisions will go bankrupt.
Already reviewing a product that doesn't exist?Face With Tears Of Joy Let us know how this mirrorless-smartpone hybrid performs better than current cameras, I'd gladly take your advice on this.

No I mean in your previous post you already admitted not understanding the concept of focal lengths well. So hearing you talk about the end of Canon and Sony...
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2105 posts
342 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 1:12 pm
A self driving race car is far faster and safer than a human driving in a race. Why do you think you can edit photos better than Google's multi billion dollar AI algorithms? Everything you can do in Photoshop, Google can automate and do better.
Not only is this not true, it shows no understand of WHY human beings race.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
spiralspirit wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 5:05 pm
Not only is this not true, it shows no understand of WHY human beings race.
It is most definitely true. Put a computer driven car on a race track and it will leave every single human in the dust. A computer driven car can accelerate perfectly, brake perfectly, and corner perfectly compared to a human. People drive race cars because it is for bragging rights, not because humans are the best at anything.
Nov 4, 2016
850 posts
505 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:39 pm
It is most definitely true. Put a computer driven car on a race track and it will leave every single human in the dust. A computer driven car can accelerate perfectly, brake perfectly, and corner perfectly compared to a human. People drive race cars because it is for bragging rights, not because humans are the best at anything.
And in the future your glasses will be so smart that it automatically take pictures for you. You no longer even need to carry camera or even a cellphone. And that's what all the pros will be doing in weddings: Letting their glasses automatically take pictures of the wedding while they dance with the bridesmaids. Photochopping is automatic too and the "photographer" get paid $10k for the job. Not bad for not doing anything.
🤣
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Nov 24, 2009
381 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
JoeStale wrote:
Computers are getting faster and faster, but still no match for human reflex. I suggest you to watch video of how Tesla fail at breaking at the last minute. No wonder, they opt for "semi-autonomous"
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1117 posts
745 upvotes
Montreal
JoeStale wrote:
You were saying?

Aug 15, 2018
85 posts
26 upvotes
aerok wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 9:50 am
You were saying?

It's a conspiracy from humans to look better than AIs.