Off Topic

Locked: why do asians look much younger than their age? 43 yr old Japanese Model, looks 23

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2012 1:54 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 21, 2008
721 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
I would say that like caucasians, it depends.

But it's true that "in general" they tend to look younger than they are from our point of view. When I first met my wife I had a hard time guessing the age of asian woman, but after 3 years, it's much easier! :D

Though I know she's in her 30's, she hasn't changed much from the pictures from when she was 16! And the fact that she was asked her cards when going to the male stripper proved that!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
mjl_toronto wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 12:40 pm
My mom is 63 but looks like she's still in her 40's. She does dye her hair, but otherwise she barely has a wrinkle.

Unfortunately (to me), I inherited the same youthful look. I only have 2 strands of white hair (same ones from when I was a teen) and I still get people thinking I'm in university, or even highschool. I shared this in another thread but I went to Boston with my wife this summer and we were checking in at the hotel. The lady at concierge asked us if we were in town to look for a university and we just told her we're actually escaping from our 2 children. She had a look of shock and embarassment.

So IMO, it's all genetics. Nothing to do with skincare. As a male, I feel it's a curse and nobody takes me seriously.
I'll take that as a compliment. When you are really, you wish you were young again
Banned
Sep 18, 2012
41 posts
TORONTO
My mom is at her 60's And compared to women her age who have also never gone through cosmetic surgery, she looks way younger.

I also look young and people mistake me to be around 16 although I'm almost 26. I don't know why. I dress and act maturely and I'm not that short!

I noticed though, asians who grew up here look and act way older for their age. Like I have a 17 year old filipino neighbor and I always thought she was my age lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8432 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
makeup, botox.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1602 posts
49 upvotes
dammmmmmm 62?? she looks younger than most 25 year olds i know
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2773 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
no question, I'm sure we all want to hit that.
but i'm pretty sure we all wanna hit the mother too
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
:!: Closed :!:
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD