Off Topic Archive

Locked: Why do I feel dizzy when I take deep breath?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2007 12:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes

Why do I feel dizzy when I take deep breath?

Is it normal do feel dizzy when taking a deep breath?
Share:
8 replies
May 30, 2004
609 posts
2 upvotes
Are you out of shape? :|
Mar 16, 2007
3 posts
are you experiencing any pains in your chest while taking these deep breaths? if so i would consult a physician. it may be a sign of a serious problem beginning to manifest itself.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
modder_vee wrote:
Mar 17th, 2007 7:03 am
are you experiencing any pains in your chest while taking these deep breaths? if so i would consult a physician. it may be a sign of a serious problem beginning to manifest itself.
It's not a pain. It just feels like a blackout.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15909 posts
1268 upvotes
GTA West
nickia wrote:
Mar 17th, 2007 6:34 am
Is it normal do feel dizzy when taking a deep breath?
That is not normal. Ask your doctor about this or go to the emergency ward at the hospital.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1910 posts
Toronto
Either -
You aren't able to get to a doctor and are feeling scared about it and need reasurrance that it IS normal or what to do if it isn't.
or
You are a post troll and know people will say just say "go see a doctor this isn't a place to get medical advice"

Are you a smoker?
Do you have anxiety?
Do you exercise regularly?
Are you over weight?
Do you eat a lot of junk?
Do you not eat regularly or properly?

If you get dizzy when you take a deep breathe - don't take deep breaths.

http://www.mtstcil.org/skills/stress-deal-3.html

I search the internet - which i would assume you did aswell... and it didn't really come up anything - mostly stress relief exercises.

There are many factors that may contribute to this condition. You really should keep an eye on it - dont take deep breaths if it makes you dizzy and ultimately, see a doctor and get a medical oppinion about how to solve the problem or find the route cause of it.

I had a panic attach once and it started with just not being able to catch my breath and trying to breath deeper and just getting more out of breath and dizzy. I didn't pass out thank god, cause they were trying to call 911, but I refused (I was consious and still able to make decisions). In retrospect I would have yelled at someone else if they told me that they refused 911, but i was with people who had first aid skills so felt 911 would have been over kill. I just focus on my breathing and only on my breathing and got that under control so i would not passout. It was a pretty scary experience.

Breathing deep and feeling dizzy... ANY NUMBER OF REASONS.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6755 posts
755 upvotes
It could be asthma, as well.

Go to a Dr.... right away. Good luck!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34709 posts
1569 upvotes
Toronto
are you on any medication?
do you smoke? drink?
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2005
2445 posts
1 upvote
I think its normal, when you intake deep breath, because your blood (hemoglobin) is almost always saturated 100% by oxygen at the lung, it does not give you extra oxygen. However, you are exhaling resulting in a decrease in partial pressure of CO2. In order for hemoglobin to release its oxygen content, it needs an environment of high partial pressure of CO2, ie. your muscle. But because your Pco2 is low, your blood is not unloading as much O2 as your body needed. If this occur in the brain, then you might experience dizziness.

You should just pace your breathing.
现实的社会,毁了我一个做好人的机会。
× < >