• May 27th, 2015 5:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3991 posts
1127 upvotes
Toronto
why has this thread derailed to high beam discussion?

anyways, fog lights do not bother me, they are aimed lower and dont affect others
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
ToNIX wrote: Fog lights are not an annoyance to me.

However, the rear bright freaking red fog light is (unless foggy) and driving with highbeams... Stupid drivers.
You mean the JDM one for the WRX/STi :razz: ? Ya that is bright, however I swapped mine to LED. Sure its powered on via the tail lights, but it only gets bright if I brake. I am planning on adding a switch to turn it on and off.

As for front fog lights, some cars do have the front fogs as their DRL. I believe Acura and Lexus do? Some people also change the fuse, to make their fogs as DRL.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: My dad is guilty. everytime I drive his car the high beams are on. I think its cause the civic low beams are a POS. I wouldve changed them, but then I bought my own car so never bothered.... Yes im also asian and I dont use my high beams as regular lights.
I am perplexed by the fact that most cars have a clear indication on your gauge cluster regarding the high beams being on. DRL is idiotic as it offers a driver to maneuver a vehicle without the rear running lights.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1268 posts
655 upvotes
York Region
Sometimes you need all the lights you have to ensure other drivers see you in certain parts of the GTA.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
bacalhau4me wrote: Sometimes you need all the lights you have to ensure other drivers see you in certain parts of the GTA.

Driving with high beams permanently will also earn you a traffic ticket which I strongly support.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
eldiablo wrote: I am perplexed by the fact that most cars have a clear indication on your gauge cluster regarding the high beams being on. DRL is idiotic as it offers a driver to maneuver a vehicle without the rear running lights.
Im pretty sure he notices the blue light on the cluster. He still does it anyway. Never bothered to ask why.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
vik56in wrote: Fog lights are also a show off that your car is of higher trim.
I get the higher trims but hate that they come with fog lights, because I never use them and sometimes if I pull up to a high curb I might end up cracking the lenses of the fog lights. In cars with no fog lights, I just end up scratching the bumper.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1785 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
fred2028 wrote: I hate high beam drivers ... I think most of them just don't know the difference between high beam and low beam and think "oh it's dark, let me push this stalk and blind everyone".

Every time I pass a high beamer it's always an old person or an Asian driver. Not being racist, just an observation. I am also Asian btw but don't high beam.
A lot of brown people in Mississauga/Brampton do that too.

With regards to fogs - I don't care as they are aimed low anyways so it doesn't bother me. I agree with what others have said though, rear fogs are not very pleasant.

My car doesn't have fogs cuz race car (needs moar cooling and ducts).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
eldiablo wrote: Driving with high beams permanently will also earn you a traffic ticket which I strongly support.
But I never see it enforced... too focused on obvious speed traps.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
ToniCipriani wrote: But I never see it enforced... too focused on obvious speed traps.
Back in the day when HID's and LED's werent the norm you can easily tell who had their high beams on. Nowadays its alot harder. Thats prolly one reason why it isnt enforced as much
Feb 27, 2008
586 posts
24 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Back in the day when HID's and LED's werent the norm you can easily tell who had their high beams on. Nowadays its alot harder. Thats prolly one reason why it isnt enforced as much
I think if cops really wanted to enforce they could. I can easily tell ... Typically the guys with HB on at night don't drive nice cars (which have auto lights and sometimes projector beams that resize like new BMWs), so turning on HBs in say a Civic will light up all of the headlight bulbs rather than just the low beam bulbs which are typically near the edge of the car. Essentially if it's HID/LED but not HB then only the lamps near the edges of the car should be lit; if the lamps near the edge and near the grille are lit, then the guy is HB-ing.
Feb 27, 2008
586 posts
24 upvotes
crono06 wrote: A lot of brown people in Mississauga/Brampton do that too.

With regards to fogs - I don't care as they are aimed low anyways so it doesn't bother me. I agree with what others have said though, rear fogs are not very pleasant.

My car doesn't have fogs cuz race car (needs moar cooling and ducts).
I think I'd rather have the cooling and ducts to the front brakes than the fogs ... I only really use my foglights when it's pitch black or if I'm on the 401 outside of a city.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Back in the day when HID's and LED's werent the norm you can easily tell who had their high beams on. Nowadays its alot harder. Thats prolly one reason why it isnt enforced as much
nahhh...it has to do with the size of revenue vs. resources. Speed traps can earn several hundred thousand of dollars versus a puny high beams may bring a couple of thousand across the whole city per day. I would like to ask all those in this thread if they have ever been issued a traffic ticket for anything relating to lighting on their vehicle? Yet, I know who had been stopped several times for too dark of window tints or too loud of an exhaust system..lol

cops and their BS.. :evil:
Jan 12, 2003
776 posts
377 upvotes
I wired mine to be my DRL instead of my headlamps.

It just looks a lot better.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo | 2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card | 2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt | 2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2011
1540 posts
405 upvotes
fred2028 wrote: I think if cops really wanted to enforce they could. I can easily tell ... Typically the guys with HB on at night don't drive nice cars (which have auto lights and sometimes projector beams that resize like new BMWs), so turning on HBs in say a Civic will light up all of the headlight bulbs rather than just the low beam bulbs which are typically near the edge of the car. Essentially if it's HID/LED but not HB then only the lamps near the edges of the car should be lit; if the lamps near the edge and near the grille are lit, then the guy is HB-ing.
People driving with HB are, IMHO, just ignorant. I don't think it's intentional. Hard to ticket them...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
Why do drivers stare at the lights of oncoming vehicles?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
vkizzle wrote: Why do drivers stare at the lights of oncoming vehicles?
Some people have the have deer in headlights mentality.
Feb 27, 2008
586 posts
24 upvotes
ToNIX wrote: People driving with HB are, IMHO, just ignorant. I don't think it's intentional. Hard to ticket them...
Isn't it still within the law to ticket those who unintentionally commit an offense since they are obstructing others' ability to drive safely. For example, if you unintentionally parked longer than you should've you still get ticketed, or if you forgot your license plate expired you still get ticketed.
Feb 27, 2008
586 posts
24 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Why do drivers stare at the lights of oncoming vehicles?
You don't need to stare at the light for it to be annoying. HB-ing, especially if it is very dark, obstructs the majority of your vision if it is oncoming and you won't be able to see much apart from the giant light shining in your face. If you are on a surface road divided only by a yellow line and oncoming traffic has HB, you can barely see 1-2 lanes around them if it's dark enough.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)