• May 27th, 2015 5:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2015
1032 posts
223 upvotes
Fort Mac, AB/Lambton…
I used to do it in my old car when I was driving on a two-lane highway, fast, and passing lots of people in the daytime. My daytime running lights were those ones where the turn indicator stays solidly illuminated, with the headlight remaining off. This is not very visible, so I put my fog lights on to increase my visibility and let oncoming traffic know that I'm oncoming. That is, after all, the reason for having daytime running lights.
Feb 24, 2013
359 posts
45 upvotes
Ontario
When daytime running lights first became the law on new cars in Canada the first iteration was using the headlights at lower power. Since then, manufacturers have gone to using larger parking lights or something else for that function. The crazy part was that there was nothing in the law concerning the taillights, so some makes included them while others didn't. All this nonsense could have been avoided if they'd done what Volvo did all along, have all the lights on when the ignition is turned on. Period. As it is now, some cars have all lights on, some have dim headlights on and dome have all kinds of fog light or parking light solutions. The result is that some oncoming cars are more visible than others.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2637 posts
107 upvotes
Calgary
Why is the led brake light so bright in new cars?
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d