Off Topic

Why do people in public transport look miserable?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2012 8:34 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1583 posts
47 upvotes

Why do people in public transport look miserable?

So I decided to take the bus today and holy cow

Most people look depressed/beat down what going on guys
110 replies
May 11, 2012
80 posts
3 upvotes
TORONTO
What did you expect, everyone clapping and singing together once you got on the bus? Imagine if every one of them were actually smiling and cheerful, and bobbing their heads up and down.. now that would be strange! :lol:
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11886 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
It's a defense mechanism.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3682 posts
123 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
It's called taking the bus. Sheesh
Oct 5, 2005
299 posts
7 upvotes
roxbird wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 9:05 pm
What did you expect, everyone clapping and singing together once you got on the bus? Imagine if every one of them were actually smiling and cheerful, and bobbing their heads up and down.. now that would be strange! :lol:
That actually happened once, I happened to be in a ttc car where there was 20 person flash mob who suddenly started ballroom dancing with strangers.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2001
14681 posts
264 upvotes
North York
mtmp5k wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 8:43 pm

they were sad because you didn't start a random conversation with them.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
17073 posts
1421 upvotes
Poormond Hill
mtmp5k wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 8:43 pm

Were they depressed before you boarded the bus?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Apr 23, 2012
242 posts
11 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
If they're anything like me when I'm taking the bus/subway alone, they're tired or exhausted from school/work. Sometimes people look sad but are really bored.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23275 posts
1434 upvotes
Markham
Its called waking up at 5am and making a living
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Because public transit sucks - it's slow, rarely on time, you're crammed in like sardines, the handlebars are dirtier than a toilet seat ....

And chances are that the people on it are taking it because they don't have a choice (i.e. too poor to afford a car and/or parking downtown).
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1583 posts
47 upvotes
roxbird wrote:
If that was the case I would take the bus everyday :D
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7397 posts
558 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 9:21 pm
Were they depressed before you boarded the bus?
Because taking the bus is the opposite of what a "Baller" does.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
roxbird wrote:
That happens all the time when me and my friends sometimes mass pile on transit to commute from a house to a pub, etc etc. I remember new years eve, Like 20 of us going to a house party from another and we got on this bus that was sitting there for 10 minutes waiting for people. We were all drunk and drinking and singing, smiling, making comments when the bus got quite and singling out randoms. Everyone loved us and the bus driver said we were the best group of people shes ever had on her bus. If everyday transit was like that, I would seriously take it just for fun lol.
Apr 29, 2011
710 posts
43 upvotes
Innisfil
ronin1701 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 9:42 pm
Because public transit sucks - it's slow, rarely on time, you're crammed in like sardines, the handlebars are dirtier than a toilet seat ....

And chances are that the people on it are taking it because they don't have a choice (i.e. too poor to afford a car and/or parking downtown).

It always baffles me to see women on public transit with expensive designer bags. You throw a grand on a purse yet you're on the ttc.... must be a knock off I guess :P
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fuzzy_avocado wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 12:23 am
It always baffles me to see women on public transit with expensive designer bags. You throw a grand on a purse yet you're on the ttc.... must be a knock off I guess :P
Why do you think they can't afford a car? :razz:
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
× < >