Sep 6th, 2019 12:23 pm
Not every doctor finds their job stressful
Oh yea I just like my no education job thats not stressful haha
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8074 posts
2077 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd love a high paying job without any important responsibilities - just come in, do my job, leave at 4pm.

If I didn't have bills, Id be happy working at a coffee shop or somewhere fun.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1721 posts
1278 upvotes
Bay Area
Raggie wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:09 pm
I'd love a high paying job without any important responsibilities - just come in, do my job, leave at 4pm.

If I didn't have bills, Id be happy working at a coffee shop or somewhere fun.
You're in luck!

opg-nuclear-operator-training-1455583/

Hard part is getting the job. But once you get the job, you can basically watch Netflix at work and get paid lol
Jul 14, 2017
1 posts
2 upvotes
I work 8-4 and make near six figures (easily can surpass with a few years of experience). It's not a very difficult job either, in my opinion, as I mostly act as an in-house advisor for my organization. And I did not have to spend years working towards this role (I did in terms of schooling, but that is slightly different), as I am still in my 20s.

OP, you make a lot of assumptions in your posts - mainly how you equate higher salaries with more stress when the opposite could very well be true; someone in a supervisor role could easily delegate most of the difficult tasks to the minions working underneath them.

You have received good feedback here already. I'll state simply that most people here probably live around large urban centers, where the cost of living is high, and thus, one needs to make at least an above average income to live a relatively comfortable lifestyle even with the minimal of necessities. You also largely forget about taxes and how your income is taxed 40-50% once you pass a certain threshold.
Last edited by diadem on Sep 8th, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8074 posts
2077 upvotes
Mississauga
arkane wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:41 pm
You're in luck!

opg-nuclear-operator-training-1455583/

Hard part is getting the job. But once you get the job, you can basically watch Netflix at work and get paid lol
I can't read that huge thread Flushed Face.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1721 posts
1278 upvotes
Bay Area
lol come on you gotta put in SOME elbow grease at least
Banned
Aug 7, 2019
12 posts
7 upvotes
If you do repetitive work everyday, you need to spend more time to get more money you wanna make. But you could get better paid with a higher skill level, more experience, more education and financial investment.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2439 posts
2403 upvotes
Simple!

Well, at least it seemed simple for me.

More up front stress for an earlier retirement! Financial security is a great place to be to be free from the shackles of life.

At some point though an earlier retirement wasn't what I was looking for once I got there. There are some causes in life that I really want to make a difference to and philanthropy as well as donating close to 99% of my net worth once I die is a big deal for me. So presently and for the last decade or so I work in order to save my wealth to give it to things I care about.

But to answer your question - is it worth it for these high paying jobs? Well, at one point it seemed to be worth it, and now, it certainly is. I want to make a difference after I die.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Jul 24, 2014
244 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DirtPoor wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 8:24 am
I see a lot of threads asking what jobs pay over $100,000, $200,000, etc
Sure, you may be able to buy a few more things here and there, but is it truly worth it?
The amount of stress involved for many jobs that pay $100,000 and beyond just doesn’t seem worth it
Also, we spend around 50% of our lives working.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m venting a bit.
Life seemed a lot easier when I had less liability, even if I was making a lot less.
Sometimes, I just want to give up everything and just drive for Ubereats or work at a coffee shop where stress is almost insignificant (I was a coffee shop barista once).
I seriously don't think working in a coffee shop like Tim is not stressful.

Unless it's a very slow place.
Index Fund vs Individual Stock..."tigerdemi is a great man" tigerdemi said to himself in his dream.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41071 posts
4852 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
DirtPoor wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:43 am
Why would someone pay a person $100,000, $200,000, etc if the job was not either or both mentally / physically taxing?

Wouldn’t it be more rare than norm a person truly enjoying their job without much stress at a high paying job?
Depends... perhaps they are a highly skilled person, have rare or in demand skills. Or entrapreanurial or sales type jobs.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31073 posts
2674 upvotes
Winnipeg
DirtPoor wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:43 am
Why would someone pay a person $100,000, $200,000, etc if the job was not either or both mentally / physically taxing?

Wouldn’t it be more rare than norm a person truly enjoying their job without much stress at a high paying job?
Simple, once you know how to do something, it is easy to do over and over again. the hardest part is doing it for the first time, which is why university is the most stressful part of one's life for a lot of people, everything is new and students are limited on time and money. It was such a mystery back then and now I can do it in my sleep.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10300 posts
2587 upvotes
Markham
tigerdemi wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 10:29 am

Exactly, a job that pay minimum wage can be a stress job too.

People shouldn't avoid a job that gives you stress (or in better word, "challenge"). You should overcome the challenge and make it under your control.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28775 posts
14580 upvotes
Ottawa
Why? So I can retire early and comfortably.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8074 posts
2077 upvotes
Mississauga
tigerdemi wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 10:29 am

MP3_SKY wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 4:40 pm
Exactly, a job that pay minimum wage can be a stress job too.

People shouldn't avoid a job that gives you stress (or in better word, "challenge"). You should overcome the challenge and make it under your control.
OP said coffee shop, not Tims. Tims doesn't employ baristas.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23891 posts
9454 upvotes
DirtPoor wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 8:24 am
The amount of stress involved for many jobs that pay $100,000 and beyond just doesn’t seem worth it
Compared to the stress of making $20k a year and worrying about your next paycheck covering all your bills.
$deity forbid too if a disaster happens like your car breaking down.