Fashion & Beauty

why do ppl wear wool instead of down jackets?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 4:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jul 20, 2012
357 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK

why do ppl wear wool instead of down jackets?

I have both a down and wool jacket. A wool jacket doesn't keep someone warm in the winter. There is no contest. I don't know why so many ppl keep wearing wool coats in the wintet months. Perhaps because they can't afford a down jacket so they cheap out on a cheap wool jacket?
126 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10017 posts
1028 upvotes
because down jacket is expensive??

It's the same reason why not everyone has down comforter.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3035 posts
460 upvotes
Markham, ON
Because they know how to layer?
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4682 posts
737 upvotes
coolegg wrote:
Nov 4th, 2012 9:28 am
Perhaps because they can't afford a down jacket so they cheap out on a cheap wool jacket?
RFD's Post of the month.
Feb 9, 2011
245 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
is this thread needed

plz lock and delete
Aug 23, 2011
534 posts
53 upvotes
WINNIPEG
coolegg wrote:
Nov 4th, 2012 9:28 am
Perhaps because they can't afford a down jacket so they cheap out on a cheap wool jacket?
Yes, because company CEOs can't afford them. -_-
Aug 17, 2009
549 posts
35 upvotes
depends what you're doing outdoors. I'd wear my down if I plan on being outside for more than 30 minutes otherwise I'd layer in a wool jacket if I'm in and out of buildings with minimum time outside constantly
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5715 posts
3604 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The money that I save from buying a wool jacket can go towards my Monster HDMI cables.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 20, 2012
357 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
exactly. making wool jackets obsolete.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4288 upvotes
because Canada Goose/Nobis/Jarapumpers/Moose Knuckles doesn't go with a suit and tie.
Mar 1, 2008
461 posts
15 upvotes
Post title should be, "Hey everyone, look at me, I have a cool (CG, Nobis, MK etc.) jacket"
No nappy no happy!!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
135 upvotes
EnyCe wrote:
Nov 4th, 2012 9:40 am
Because they know how to layer?
^ Best response.

Wool drapes, has an amazing texture and looks sophisticated when paired with a suit or cardigan underneath + a scarf. Plus, it's amazingly warm when worn with the previous mentioned. Down jackets are too puffy (even the "slim-fit" ones), "outdoor / sporty" looking (looks like something you wear when you go dog sledding) and usually have a logo slapped on somewhere.
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 4th, 2012 9:37 am
because down jacket is expensive??

It's the same reason why not everyone has down comforter.
I wouldn't say that's necessarily so..my wool jacket + wool cardigan/sweater combinations cost more than mid-level (CG, MK, Nobis, etc.) down jackets + a t-shirt lol. I just can't bring myself to buy a down jacket at that price range because they're not versatile in more formal social functions. I do have a couple which I use for cold outdoor activities which I admit, they're great for :)
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7397 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
Why would you assume down jackets are always more expensive than wool ones? You should step out of Wal-mart once in a while.

Dumbest thread of the month right here.
Sep 28, 2008
317 posts
25 upvotes
Don't assume all wool coats aren't warm based on your cheap "wool jacket".

Also, the weather in southern Ontario isn't always below -30C. Unlike what people with down jackets seem to think.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16273 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
My wool jackets are pretty warm, and I can always just toss on an extra layer underneath if I need to. I don't know what kind of cheap ***** you're wearing.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?