Fashion & Beauty

why do ppl wear wool instead of down jackets?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 4:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9316 posts
1885 upvotes
Somewhere
mebiuspower wrote:
Nov 5th, 2012 2:24 pm
RFDer explains it.

looks like a less attractive version of qaz393..
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 5th, 2012 3:24 pm
is this you???

[IMG]http://www.brandish.tv/assets_c/2009/02 ... -74929.jpg[/IMG]
My beard's a bit shorter.

Trust me, when you finish school and enter the workforce, you'll realize I'm right. The first day you show up to the office in your down jacket and International Clothiers suit to the pointing fingers and ridicule of your coworkers, you'll think back to this thread and say 'Flashy, you mad genius, I should've listened to you!'
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46937 posts
4923 upvotes
Toronto
flashy_mcflash wrote:
Nov 5th, 2012 3:38 pm
My beard's a bit shorter.

Trust me, when you finish school and enter the workforce, you'll realize I'm right. The first day you show up to the office in your down jacket and International Clothiers suit to the pointing fingers and ridicule of your coworkers, you'll think back to this thread and say 'Flashy, you mad genius, I should've listened to you!'
Never knew It mattered what other people think?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
137 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 5th, 2012 3:54 pm
Never knew It mattered what other people think?
It does at work lol.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10375 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 5th, 2012 4:05 pm
I'd rather be the odd man out to be honest rather than everyone wearing the same thing!
Its all good as long as you dont end up looking like all the other douches on the street.
Aug 27, 2012
84 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
With wool jackets you will look more polished and professional, with down u look more casual

It's like wearing an ugg with a suit !
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5366 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
coolegg wrote:
Nov 4th, 2012 9:28 am
I have both a down and wool jacket. A wool jacket doesn't keep someone warm in the winter. There is no contest. I don't know why so many ppl keep wearing wool coats in the wintet months. Perhaps because they can't afford a down jacket so they cheap out on a cheap wool jacket?
You'll understand why when you start working in an office. Depending on wear you work... a down jacket isn't suitable. Wearing a down jacket to work with your suit etc is as bad as wearing a backpack to with your suit. It's just tacky and doesn't go together... it just looks unprofessional.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
I don't think butthurt means what you think it means. Go back and read /b/ some more before attempting to butcher an established term.
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
137 upvotes
Pretty failed usage of the term butthurt.
Aug 25, 2011
550 posts
185 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Down jackets aren't meant for a professional environment. They are more casual and sporty. You will look like an idiot wearing a suit underneath a downcoat. Imagine going to a meeting with clients in an oversized CG parka? When you work in a business environment, you'll understand.

Wool coats, usually overcoats, are meant to wear over suits. They don't make you look bulky like a downjacket would over a suit.

While I can certainly afford a premium down jacket, it's just not my cup of tea since I have to wear professional attire, and a sporty down coat just won't do.

Clean, classic and plain black/beige/grey woolcoats make you look more mature. They also don't always have to go with suits. You can even wear a V-neck sweater with it or other layers, such as a cardigan.

I don't know why I have to explain this but in the winter you just don't go around wearing a winter coat. Looking over the posts here I get the idea that some expect to go naked under a downcoat? Uh, no. You can layer if needed.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2910 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
its because people wanna show how warm their down coat is by wearing only a tshirt.