Off Topic

Locked: Why do some banks treat certain customers so badly? RBC discrimination?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 3:40 pm
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2943 posts
186 upvotes
pizza11 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:39 pm
I am incredibly handsome with a nice car, CK suit, $1000 iphone, etc but sometimes I get treated like a criminal at RBC.
pics or not true.Winking Face
Asking DL and/or passport at TD is not new.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Mar 22, 2012
60 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
wonderkitty wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:14 pm
Yeah figure it out, you will probably understand. If you have any attractive friends who are women ask them to explain it to you.
that's uncalled for. peanutz is a class act, solid contributor to RFD community.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1161 posts
117 upvotes
Logtown
pizza11 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:44 pm
that's uncalled for. peanutz is a class act, solid contributor to RFD community.
You wouldn't be saying that if you were allergic.
Sep 19, 2013
944 posts
266 upvotes
Winnipeg
wonderkitty wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:14 pm
Yeah figure it out, you will probably understand. If you have any attractive friends who are women ask them to explain it to you.
pizza11 wrote:
@pizza11 , What are you trying to imply here Winking Face. Being a solid RFD contributor, he is unlikely to have attractive female friends.... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

maybe I need to stop hanging out on RFD so much :rolleyes:
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2943 posts
186 upvotes
pizza11 wrote:
agree. One of very few.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3891 posts
1100 upvotes
amitdi wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:52 pm
@pizza11 , What are you trying to imply here Winking Face. Being a solid RFD contributor, he is unlikely to have attractive female friends.... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

LOL.

Isn't peanutz female?
[OP]
Mar 30, 2017
182 posts
44 upvotes
amitdi wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:52 pm

hahaha I am starting to wonder why RFDers most of them think they are all working for the same company, and always talk like US vs you. Shouldn't it be like when someone posts something, it is their experience, individual thoughts and not "US" like a group!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3400 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
maybe his account was flagged or he's transferring a large sum? there are many reasons why they need to check for that long.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4746 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
The way banks these days are loose with their clients' information and accessible to 3rd party companies out of the country, I wouldn't want my passport on file either.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
Why would someone bring their passport to the bank?

That being said, my driver's license is on file with my bank so I don't really know why you wouldn't want your information on file with the people who have your money (unless it's TD).
[OP]
Mar 30, 2017
182 posts
44 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:10 pm
Why would someone bring their passport to the bank?

That being said, my driver's license is on file with my bank so I don't really know why you wouldn't want your information on file with the people who have your money (unless it's TD).
Good question. I think since he called the phone support from the branch on his cell phone and told them I am here like you asked me to, and about branch giving him a hard time, maybe they instructed him before on the phone to go the the branch with 2 IDs.
CIBC used to ask me ID before, I normally show my student card or driving license and a credit card.

I would NEVER trust the bank with my passport either ways, it is ridiculous they ask for that.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
wonderkitty wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:19 pm
Good question. I think since he called the phone support from the branch on his cell phone and told them I am here like you asked me to, and about branch giving him a hard time, maybe they instructed him before on the phone to go the the branch with 2 IDs.
CIBC used to ask me ID before, I normally show my student card or driving license and a credit card.

I would NEVER trust the bank with my passport either ways, it is ridiculous they ask for that.
You sure know a lot of obscure details about this interaction that you weren't a part of.

Just saying...
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2308 posts
1224 upvotes
wonderkitty wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:19 pm

Why not? They just need the passport # and expiry date just like any other piece of photo ID. If you don't have a driver's license or provincial photo ID card, what else other than your passport could you bring as valid photo ID? (Ontario/Manitoba/PEI health cards don't work.)
[OP]
Mar 30, 2017
182 posts
44 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:25 pm
Why not? They just need the passport # and expiry date just like any other piece of photo ID. If you don't have a driver's license or provincial photo ID card, what else other than your passport could you bring as valid photo ID? (Ontario/Manitoba/PEI health cards don't work.)
They can see my passport, I will let them. But I wouldn't allow them to make a photocopy or put it on the file like a scanned copy.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3935 posts
521 upvotes
Aurora
RBC employees are required to attend extensive and regular diversity training as well as training to identify suspicious transactions or behaviour. Managers are also rated on related behaviour from subordinates as well as bosses. As a former RBC employee I've been through this.

To say the whole branch was "in on it" would be unlikely (though not impossible). More likely there were special circumstances involved.