Shopping Discussion

Why does Best Buy have stuff like "all headphones on sale" but FS doesn't?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2008 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2008
38 posts
9 upvotes

Why does Best Buy have stuff like "all headphones on sale" but FS doesn't?

Best Buy seems like they are at least putting everything, whether its a small discount or not, on sale, given their in store flyer. However, I just called Future Shop as i am looking to get some headphones and was told if its not in the flyer, it is regular price. Considering the wide range of products, with only a handful in perspective on sale, why don't they at least put everything at a markdown, slight or not, like Best Buy? Especially when they have deals like 25% off all headphones on simply an online after-hours sale? Doesn't make sense to me.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
Let's see. BB owns FS. That's it. Instead of having you at one store, they want you to walk into BOTH stores. It increases the chance of you picking up sale items just because they are on sale. It's like shopping at Wal Mart or Zellars. Generally people shop at Wal Mart but rarely both. Now if you have FS and BB offering different things on sale, you will walk into both.
Dec 18, 2008
38 posts
9 upvotes
makes sense, just ticks me off when the headphones i want are a future shop exclusive :(
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
RRyders88 wrote: makes sense, just ticks me off when the headphones i want are a future shop exclusive :(
Ye. It hurts more when you are trying to PM and their closest competitor is themselves or if they do carry the same item, its different models.

Hopefully I can do all my BD shopping at BB since I have GCs there but FS has the Godfather set on sale and I wonder if BB will match.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)