Site Comments & Suggestions

Why does legit internet deal ($34.99 for 75Mbps)keep getting deleted in hot deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2017 2:17 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

Why does legit internet deal ($34.99 for 75Mbps)keep getting deleted in hot deals?

I understand original post was from the company rep but why can't users share the deal in a new thread?

The nonsensical covefe message I got was
.initial thread removed due to spam, now reposts are recruiting other members to shill
It's a legit deal and not spam and not posted by the seller

So how is it shill ? Isn't hot deals just users shilling good deals then if posters put up a deal they find?
Last edited by Doubleshot on Jul 26th, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3571 posts
454 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 9:58 pm
I understand original post was from the company rep but why can't users share the deal in a new thread?

The nonsensical covefe message I got was

It's a legit deal and not spam and not posted by the seller

So how is it shill ? Isn't hot deals just users shilling good deals?
$34.99 for 75Mbps unlimited ? yep it does look like a good deal ...
[OP]
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
And it's gone again

The covefe reason today is
deal already posted in cannet thread
Are the mods just playing dumb and think carrytel and cannet are same?

Cannet doesn't even have this deal
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
I'll check into it. The fact that it first appeared because they were self promoting likely has something to do with it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4629 posts
5275 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 11:08 am
And it's gone again

The covefe reason today is

Are the mods just playing dumb and think carrytel and cannet are same?

Cannet doesn't even have this deal
I read that Cannet claims they are a direct competitor of Carrytel, which is why they have deals that target Carrytel customers who switch over.
Last edited by BB88 on Jul 27th, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Sep 27, 2003
8176 posts
1552 upvotes
Newmarket
We are looking into the matter and should have a response / some direction for everyone soon.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5125 posts
1200 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Seems strange that Cannet is getting extra preferential treatment on RFD over the competitor Carrytel. I get it that Cannet is a sponsor and all but that shouldn't block any postings about deals from any of the competitors . There is more than one GTA tire sponsor on RFD and they are all allowed to post deals, and we can still post deals from the other tire competitors (non-sponsors) as well without issue, and nothing is being deleted or edited. Also notice that Cannet has countless threads all promoting the same deal and none of them are being merged. What's up with the promoting of internet service providers? I think it's only fair that we should be able to compare as many deals as possible, provides healthy competition which is better for us as RFDers and consumers.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 2:17 pm
cannet should be banned not carrytel!
banned? for what reason?
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017