Cell Phones

Why doesn’t public mobile have any customer service??

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 8:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto

Why doesn’t public mobile have any customer service??

I am so peeved at this company and I hope they go bankrupt for being greedy. How can they not have any customer service at all? Their plans are not cheap enough to warrant this kind of service , I honestly can’t believe it everything is automated!! I thought these smaller companies were actually trying to compete with the monopoly but at this point and with this garbage business model it’s only a matter of time before they are obsolete. I need to speak to an actual person!!!
54 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1717 posts
584 upvotes
Victoria
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:04 pm
I am so peeved at this company and I hope they go bankrupt for being greedy. How can they not have any customer service at all? Their plans are not cheap enough to warrant this kind of service , I honestly can’t believe it everything is automated!! I thought these smaller companies were actually trying to compete with the monopoly but at this point and with this garbage business model it’s only a matter of time before they are obsolete. I need to speak to an actual person!!!
Koodo and Telus are the parts of the company that offer phone support. You should switch - Koodo has had some good deals lately.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
MaxPower19 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:07 pm
Koodo and Telus are the parts of the company that offer phone support. You should switch - Koodo has had some good deals lately.
I Just switched from wind because their coverage was so crappy . So far the coverage with freedom has been good it’s just that if you have any issues you are sol because there is no customer service. Such a hassle to have to keep switching
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
MaxPower19 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:07 pm
Are u saying I can call Telus for customer service are u sure about this? Somehow I doubt
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1717 posts
584 upvotes
Victoria
Public Mobile is the division of Telus that does not offer phone support.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14986 posts
2718 upvotes
Toronto
That and the fact that it is no frills and prepaid is why I left Public Mobile. Too many compromises to save a few bucks a month.

And these days their pricing isn’t even that great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:43 pm
That and the fact that it is no frills and prepaid is why I left Public Mobile. Too many compromises to save a few bucks a month.

And these days their pricing isn’t even that great.
Their pricing is not that good at all! They are charging just as much as Fido wow that ceo must be sitting in a yacht somewhere laughing because all he’s doing is making profit not having to pay for customer service. I just hope it pisses enough people off that they can go bankrupt soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4598 posts
667 upvotes
Mississauga
no one on this forum recommends public mobile now.... everyone knows they don't offer phone for cs.... online only for support... if you don't like that, don't join? lol

only the people from fall 2016 are the happy campers...
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14986 posts
2718 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:03 pm
no one on this forum recommends public mobile now.... everyone knows they don't offer phone for cs.... online only for support... if you don't like that, don't join? lol

only the people from fall 2016 are the happy campers...
Fall 2016 is why I joined Public Mobile. But then a few months later (Boxing Day) I left for post-paid with more features, more data on the plan, and phone support with physical stores as well. Cost $10 more per month but I was much happier. The extra data came in handy too. And these days, there is no reason to go back to Public Mobile. None of the plans are attractive.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4879 posts
639 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:04 pm
I am so peeved at this company and I hope they go bankrupt for being greedy. How can they not have any customer service at all?
Their service and pricing structure are geared for the target clientele who do not need customer service yet at a lower per month's rate.
Telus - Koodoo - Public mobile are meant to be 3 tiers. You ,the client, should make a choice
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
2993 posts
372 upvotes
GTA
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:47 pm
Their pricing is not that good at all!
It was a year ago, i'm paying $31 for 4gb a month.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
shabby wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:07 pm
It was a year ago, i'm paying $31 for 4gb a month.
I’m paying 58$ for 3gb and aways run out of data fast
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
So maybe someone in here can help me lol I ran out of data and once you run out of data with these guys you’re screwed it’s not even like u will get some super slow service for emergencies its gone and a nightmare to leave the house without it (first world problems I know) anyway I decided to renew the plan early so I can get more data right away and still no data! i picked the option that says update now not on renewal so I assumed that my renewal date changed with the purchase of a new plan and my new data would
Be available right away ? It’s not working of course Fml
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
danieltoronto wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:05 pm
Their service and pricing structure are geared for the target clientele who do not need customer service yet at a lower per month's rate.
Telus - Koodoo - Public mobile are meant to be 3 tiers. You ,the client, should make a choice
Everyone needs customer service at some point when the machines screw up!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3430 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
You don't "renew" plans early with Public Mobile. It's all prepaid. What you did was basically just deposited credit into your account. Next payment date, it'll just take from that credit.

Your only option to add more data once you run out is to buy the $10 for 200mb or $30 for 1GB addons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)