Cell Phones

Why doesn’t public mobile have any customer service??

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
proplayer44 wrote: Also just an FYI, they have customer service. It's a forum just like asking a question on this one. Just no voice. You got to do a little leg work but they do resolve your issues.
U HAVE link to this forum?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: you obviously are more suited for post paid plans... not prepaid... time for you to switch...

no idea why you joined public mobile in the first place...
I joined because the rates were good when I signed up and because I was looking for something with good coverage overall since I had no data service with wind and every other call dropped
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22155 posts
10318 upvotes
Toronto
Been with PM for months and never had to contact them for any support other than getting the PUK codes as soon as I activated sim cards for family members. Once all lines were functioning for voice, text, and data, numbers were ported over from Rogers, Bell, and Telus.

Link to PM community for support: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... _Community
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Heavenleigh85 wrote: SO my payment date can never change? Why do they give 2 options when paying the bill? It gives the option for you to have the changes done on renewal or to make the changes effective right away. That is the option I chose
Those options are there when people want to change their plan. As in, if they want to move to a more expensive or cheaper plan. That option allows them to apply at their next renewal date instead of immediately. It's not for changing renewal dates.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote: Those options are there when people want to change their plan. As in, if they want to move to a more expensive or cheaper plan. That option allows them to apply at their next renewal date instead of immediately. It's not for changing renewal dates.
YES I changed to a more expensive plan with more data!!!! Fml
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
OP, why such rage. If the typical customer attitude was to have any company they don't want to do business with go away, then there would be much less competition and even worse pricing and service. If the self serve model does not work for you move on. As for myself, I don't like paying the costs to run all those mall kiosks. I find it rather astonishing that people have migrated to online purchasing to the point where bricks and mortar retailers are disappearing like dinosaurs, but the cell kiosks thrives. Are people that dependent on others to insert the SIM card into their phone? Frankly I like the idea of sending a message to someone to take care of an issue rather than waiting on the phone for someone to take my call. This convenience is why SMS is so popular while calling has taken a back seat.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Been with PM for months and never had to contact them for any support other than getting the PUK codes as soon as I activated sim cards for family members. Once all lines were functioning for voice, text, and data, numbers were ported over from Rogers, Bell, and Telus.

Link to PM community for support: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... _Community
+1. It is usually user error that triggers the need to contact them. As bad as their self serve portal is, the majority go through it without much fanfare.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: +1. It is usually user error that triggers the need to contact them. As bad as their self serve portal is, the majority go through it without much fanfare.
HAVE you seen their forums? Lots of complaints and I’m mad because I ended up out today and needed the data and it wouldn’t work it’s extremely frustrating not to be able to reach someone to assist when things go wrong. This whole reliance on machines is a huge failure to me and I dislike companies that cheap out by trying to do this, it simply does not work in the long term
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
Ok. If you need more data, it is better to renew early

Steps? Load up money in your account the contact mods to tell them you are renewing the plan early. They respond very quickly.

Now if this model doesn't work for you, I suggest you move to say Koodo. There is no point ranting too much. We know how Public Mobile works.

If I wasn't paying only $25 a month for my 4gb plan, I wouldn't have kept this as my second line.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
Heavenleigh85 wrote: HAVE you seen their forums? Lots of complaints and I’m mad because I ended up out today and needed the data and it wouldn’t work it’s extremely frustrating not to be able to reach someone to assist when things go wrong. This whole reliance on machines is a huge failure to me and I dislike companies that cheap out by trying to do this, it simply does not work in the long term
You sound like a person that should sign up for a different plan at a mall kiosk...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
casperr wrote: Ok. If you need more data, it is better to renew early

Steps? Load up money in your account the contact mods to tell them you are renewing the plan early. They respond very quickly.

Now if this model doesn't work for you, I suggest you move to say Koodo. There is no point ranting too much. We know how Public Mobile works.

If I wasn't paying only $25 a month for my 4gb plan, I wouldn't have kept this as my second line.
Yes I will have to switch companies this whole find a forum to get a mod Mumbo jumbo Is not for me especially if I’m out stranded and need to contact them... not having data means I can’t even access the net to find their website. Ugh so much anger
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Sounds like you are spoiled with the unlimited data that Wind offered. Not sure how you can use up so much data in a month. I can barely use 1 Gig on my phone and I am usually under 2 gigs on my iPad.

Public Mobile is a discount carrier. It’s No Frills, they keep cost low. Wind tried to do the same thing, but their cost cutting measures was a lack of investment on their infrastructure.

You want premium service, lots of data, be prepared to pay for it. Rogers, Telus or Bell.

Koodo has customer service, but you have to pay for each call if it is something you can do yourself on self serve.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Everyone needs customer service at some point when the machines screw up!
Hmm there are forum members in here happy to give you free customer service in here. Why not you let us know the issue?
BTW I am not PM client though.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote: .. not having data means I can’t even access the net to find their website. Ugh so much anger
Most people, if not all , have wifi at home or office. If you are outside there are Starbucks or libraries around that can provide you with wifi to access PM
Daniel

Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
op, join Rogers or bell... they would love to talk to you for an hour all the time...

you sound like a customer going to Costco and complaining that they don't accept American Express...lol
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
OP, just switch away from Public Mobile already. If you don't like it then switch. That's what I did.

Judging by your post, the most reasonable options would be Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, and Virgin, but not Koodo.
Ducky wrote: you sound like a customer going to Costco and complaining that they don't accept American Express...lol
Ironically, they used to accept American Express, being one of the few grocery chains that did.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
So i renewed and paid for a new plan a couple days ago and they just renewed it today on my old plan and won’t allow me to change it to the new plan I originally paid for. This is seriously the worst company. I am so pssed off glad everyone finds humour in my frustration I’m still waiting for a moderator on their website to reply to me. Absolute garbage
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
So why did you sign up with them in the first place? It's no secret they are no frills.

I personally originally signed up with them for specific cheap plans, and because people said their online support was good, but these days plans from other companies with phone based customer support have been price competitive, and I found afterwards out their online support was not so great. However, it sounds like you signed up with them even though you didn't think their plans were great.

Because of the pricing, I haven't recommended Public Mobile to anyone since 2016.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote: So i renewed and paid for a new plan a couple days ago and they just renewed it today on my old plan
Sorry. That does not make sense. If you renew that means your old plan has been renewed.
You do not, and cannot renew new plan. You subscribe to new plan.
Daniel

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)