Cell Phones

Why doesn’t public mobile have any customer service??

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1715 posts
583 upvotes
Victoria
I’d rather keep paying $38/month for 4GB of data then pay more for telephone customer service. I suspect a lot of people like me on the Fall 2016 promo are fine with things as they are.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4598 posts
667 upvotes
Mississauga
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:52 pm
So maybe someone in here can help me lol I ran out of data and once you run out of data with these guys you’re screwed it’s not even like u will get some super slow service for emergencies its gone and a nightmare to leave the house without it (first world problems I know) anyway I decided to renew the plan early so I can get more data right away and still no data! i picked the option that says update now not on renewal so I assumed that my renewal date changed with the purchase of a new plan and my new data would
Be available right away ? It’s not working of course Fml
you obviously are more suited for post paid plans... not prepaid... time for you to switch...

no idea why you joined public mobile in the first place...
Apr 17, 2014
643 posts
190 upvotes
Corunna, ON
Also just an FYI, they have customer service. It's a forum just like asking a question on this one. Just no voice. You got to do a little leg work but they do resolve your issues.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:05 pm
You don't "renew" plans early with Public Mobile. It's all prepaid. What you did was basically just deposited credit into your account. Next payment date, it'll just take from that credit.

Your only option to add more data once you run out is to buy the $10 for 200mb or $30 for 1GB addons.
SO my payment date can never change? Why do they give 2 options when paying the bill? It gives the option for you to have the changes done on renewal or to make the changes effective right away. That is the option I chose
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
proplayer44 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:23 pm
Also just an FYI, they have customer service. It's a forum just like asking a question on this one. Just no voice. You got to do a little leg work but they do resolve your issues.
U HAVE link to this forum?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:15 pm
you obviously are more suited for post paid plans... not prepaid... time for you to switch...

no idea why you joined public mobile in the first place...
I joined because the rates were good when I signed up and because I was looking for something with good coverage overall since I had no data service with wind and every other call dropped
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
13081 posts
1226 upvotes
Toronto
Been with PM for months and never had to contact them for any support other than getting the PUK codes as soon as I activated sim cards for family members. Once all lines were functioning for voice, text, and data, numbers were ported over from Rogers, Bell, and Telus.

Link to PM community for support: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... _Community
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3425 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:48 pm
SO my payment date can never change? Why do they give 2 options when paying the bill? It gives the option for you to have the changes done on renewal or to make the changes effective right away. That is the option I chose
Those options are there when people want to change their plan. As in, if they want to move to a more expensive or cheaper plan. That option allows them to apply at their next renewal date instead of immediately. It's not for changing renewal dates.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:01 pm
Those options are there when people want to change their plan. As in, if they want to move to a more expensive or cheaper plan. That option allows them to apply at their next renewal date instead of immediately. It's not for changing renewal dates.
YES I changed to a more expensive plan with more data!!!! Fml
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
15155 posts
4138 upvotes
Toronto
OP, why such rage. If the typical customer attitude was to have any company they don't want to do business with go away, then there would be much less competition and even worse pricing and service. If the self serve model does not work for you move on. As for myself, I don't like paying the costs to run all those mall kiosks. I find it rather astonishing that people have migrated to online purchasing to the point where bricks and mortar retailers are disappearing like dinosaurs, but the cell kiosks thrives. Are people that dependent on others to insert the SIM card into their phone? Frankly I like the idea of sending a message to someone to take care of an issue rather than waiting on the phone for someone to take my call. This convenience is why SMS is so popular while calling has taken a back seat.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
15155 posts
4138 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:56 pm
Been with PM for months and never had to contact them for any support other than getting the PUK codes as soon as I activated sim cards for family members. Once all lines were functioning for voice, text, and data, numbers were ported over from Rogers, Bell, and Telus.

Link to PM community for support: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... _Community
+1. It is usually user error that triggers the need to contact them. As bad as their self serve portal is, the majority go through it without much fanfare.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:00 am
+1. It is usually user error that triggers the need to contact them. As bad as their self serve portal is, the majority go through it without much fanfare.
HAVE you seen their forums? Lots of complaints and I’m mad because I ended up out today and needed the data and it wouldn’t work it’s extremely frustrating not to be able to reach someone to assist when things go wrong. This whole reliance on machines is a huge failure to me and I dislike companies that cheap out by trying to do this, it simply does not work in the long term
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3028 posts
413 upvotes
Edmonton
Ok. If you need more data, it is better to renew early

Steps? Load up money in your account the contact mods to tell them you are renewing the plan early. They respond very quickly.

Now if this model doesn't work for you, I suggest you move to say Koodo. There is no point ranting too much. We know how Public Mobile works.

If I wasn't paying only $25 a month for my 4gb plan, I wouldn't have kept this as my second line.