Cell Phones

Why doesn’t public mobile have any customer service??

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1361 posts
452 upvotes
TBD
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:20 am
HAVE you seen their forums? Lots of complaints and I’m mad because I ended up out today and needed the data and it wouldn’t work it’s extremely frustrating not to be able to reach someone to assist when things go wrong. This whole reliance on machines is a huge failure to me and I dislike companies that cheap out by trying to do this, it simply does not work in the long term
You sound like a person that should sign up for a different plan at a mall kiosk...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1236 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
casperr wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:54 am
Ok. If you need more data, it is better to renew early

Steps? Load up money in your account the contact mods to tell them you are renewing the plan early. They respond very quickly.

Now if this model doesn't work for you, I suggest you move to say Koodo. There is no point ranting too much. We know how Public Mobile works.

If I wasn't paying only $25 a month for my 4gb plan, I wouldn't have kept this as my second line.
Yes I will have to switch companies this whole find a forum to get a mod Mumbo jumbo Is not for me especially if I’m out stranded and need to contact them... not having data means I can’t even access the net to find their website. Ugh so much anger
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28764 posts
4050 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Sounds like you are spoiled with the unlimited data that Wind offered. Not sure how you can use up so much data in a month. I can barely use 1 Gig on my phone and I am usually under 2 gigs on my iPad.

Public Mobile is a discount carrier. It’s No Frills, they keep cost low. Wind tried to do the same thing, but their cost cutting measures was a lack of investment on their infrastructure.

You want premium service, lots of data, be prepared to pay for it. Rogers, Telus or Bell.

Koodo has customer service, but you have to pay for each call if it is something you can do yourself on self serve.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5046 posts
658 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:53 pm
Everyone needs customer service at some point when the machines screw up!
Hmm there are forum members in here happy to give you free customer service in here. Why not you let us know the issue?
BTW I am not PM client though.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5046 posts
658 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:26 am
.. not having data means I can’t even access the net to find their website. Ugh so much anger
Most people, if not all , have wifi at home or office. If you are outside there are Starbucks or libraries around that can provide you with wifi to access PM
Daniel

Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4726 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
op, join Rogers or bell... they would love to talk to you for an hour all the time...

you sound like a customer going to Costco and complaining that they don't accept American Express...lol
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15640 posts
3042 upvotes
Toronto
OP, just switch away from Public Mobile already. If you don't like it then switch. That's what I did.

Judging by your post, the most reasonable options would be Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, and Virgin, but not Koodo.
Ducky wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:17 am
you sound like a customer going to Costco and complaining that they don't accept American Express...lol
Ironically, they used to accept American Express, being one of the few grocery chains that did.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1236 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
So i renewed and paid for a new plan a couple days ago and they just renewed it today on my old plan and won’t allow me to change it to the new plan I originally paid for. This is seriously the worst company. I am so pssed off glad everyone finds humour in my frustration I’m still waiting for a moderator on their website to reply to me. Absolute garbage
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15640 posts
3042 upvotes
Toronto
So why did you sign up with them in the first place? It's no secret they are no frills.

I personally originally signed up with them for specific cheap plans, and because people said their online support was good, but these days plans from other companies with phone based customer support have been price competitive, and I found afterwards out their online support was not so great. However, it sounds like you signed up with them even though you didn't think their plans were great.

Because of the pricing, I haven't recommended Public Mobile to anyone since 2016.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5046 posts
658 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:52 pm
So i renewed and paid for a new plan a couple days ago and they just renewed it today on my old plan
Sorry. That does not make sense. If you renew that means your old plan has been renewed.
You do not, and cannot renew new plan. You subscribe to new plan.
Daniel

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1236 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
danieltoronto wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:58 pm
Sorry. That does not make sense. If you renew that means your old plan has been renewed.
You do not, and cannot renew new plan. You subscribe to new plan.
WHAT I meant to say was I chose the option to change my plan and paid for the new plan change right away thinking it would take effect but it didn’t.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1236 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:45 pm
So why did you sign up with them in the first place? It's no secret they are no frills.

I personally originally signed up with them for specific cheap plans, and because people said their online support was good, but these days plans from other companies with phone based customer support have been price competitive, and I found afterwards out their online support was not so great. However, it sounds like you signed up with them even though you didn't think their plans were great.

Because of the pricing, I haven't recommended Public Mobile to anyone since 2016.
I honestly had no idea they operated without customer service they had a phone number I assumed someone could be reached ...but originally when I signed up I only did so because I saw that the coverage was good and at that point anything was better than wind
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15640 posts
3042 upvotes
Toronto
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:01 pm
I honestly had no idea they operated without customer service they had a phone number I assumed someone could be reached ...but originally when I signed up I only did so because I saw that the coverage was good and at that point anything was better than wind
Ah, you're coming from Wind. As has been alluded to earlier, here's a little lesson:

Wind is now Freedom, and continues to have bad coverage.
Rogers, Telus, and Bell are the big three. In certain regions there are others as well. All three have excellent coverage, but it varies from place to place. Bell and Telus share towers.
Fido is owned by Rogers and has the same coverage. Some plans are similar to Rogers', but some are quite different. They have phone support. Fido has both post-paid and pre-paid options.
Koodo is owned by Telus, and they have the same coverage. They have partial phone support. Koodo has both post-paid and pre-paid options.
Virgin is owned by Bell, and they have the same coverage. However, Virgin's roaming prices outside Canada are generally not good. They have other perks though. Virgin has both post-paid and pre-paid options.

Public Mobile is essentially a stripped down version of Koodo pre-paid with no stores, no kiosks, and no phone support at all. It seems they even share the same registration database though.

And there are others like Lucky, Zoomer, chatr, etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1187 posts
347 upvotes
op, theres no one but yourself to blame
Apr 14, 2006
323 posts
168 upvotes
You are what as known as a high maintenance customer. Nothing wrong with that but you need to go with Telus, Bell, or Rogers.

They are first tier brands and will provide the support and hand-holding you seem to need.

Expect to pay for it but that is better than other customers supporting your needs and increasing the costs to everyone.