None
[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2008
807 posts
19 upvotes

Why is everyone getting married???

Hey,

This is geared towards the late 20s to mid 30s folks. Do you find that all of your friends are all of a sudden getting married? I feel like I blinked one day and all of a sudden I am old and it is time to become a neutered cat and play dad. I actually sort of panicked last night and spent hours listening to old school songs from my younger years for memories sakes.

Anyone else have friends who are getting married and find that life has passed too quickly and they are all of a sudden "old"? Life now is all about work, work, try to make more at work, weddings, baby showers, etc. anyone have a time machine? I want to go back to when I was carefree and life was simple (all about hanging out with friends and fun).

Help me I am old!!!!
124 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2182 posts
396 upvotes
Guelph
I'm married and have 2 kids. Wouldn't change it for the world. My life is better than my single friends who are still partying it up like the college days. And typically only those with kids and a family will understand.
Macreo Photography
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9140 posts
1765 upvotes
Somewhere
first POST to first thread in new OT forum! :D

edit: damn it, Thai.
:confused:
[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2008
807 posts
19 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote:
May 29th, 2012 11:56 am

OT has been active for years buddy....

Edit: just realized that they wiped the slate clean.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2182 posts
396 upvotes
Guelph
iEyeCaptain wrote:

lol.
Macreo Photography
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
971 upvotes
Niagara Falls
kamilio wrote:

Uhmm, take another look. The whole OT forum was wiped and archived and much stricter rules are now in place. One can't even post in OT without getting a new rule prompt. ;)
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9140 posts
1765 upvotes
Somewhere
kamilio wrote:

they archived the entire past OT

your thread is technically the only active thread in RFD OT right now

congrats, buddy.
:confused:
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
2270 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
CSK'sMom wrote:
May 29th, 2012 11:59 am
Uhmm, take another look. The whole OT forum was wiped and archived and much stricter rules are now in place. One can't even post in OT without getting a new rule prompt. ;)

i know... OT is about to become sooooooooooooooo lame.
Because you touch yourself at night
[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2008
807 posts
19 upvotes
CSK'sMom wrote:
May 29th, 2012 11:59 am

It was very strict before so I am not sure how it can get stricter. At the end of the day the moderators have to realize that OT is there to provide us with entertainment. It is no coincidence that most "entertainment" options be it on tv or in real life (clubs, etc) are a little trashy. The moment this site gets boring they might as well close the curtain.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4674 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
yeah the new rules may kill OT. The whole point of this subforum is that it's off-topic and lighthearted - threads that belong nowhere else and have no specific purpose. over-moderating it seems rather pointless
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
971 upvotes
Niagara Falls
kamilio wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:06 pm
It was very strict before so I am not sure how it can get stricter. At the end of the day the moderators have to realize that OT is there to provide us with entertainment. It is no coincidence that most "entertainment" options be it on tv or in real life (clubs, etc) are a little trashy. The moment this site gets boring they might as well close the curtain.

No it wasn't. Frankly too many things were getting out of hand... politics, racial remarks, derogatory stereotyping, etc. That stuff is not going to be tolerated from now on...
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
55 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Intersting "Why is everyone getting married??? "

And the discussion already began about how TO forum is or was or managed.
So the rules are already broken?
gei wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:08 pm
yeah the new rules may kill OT. The whole point of this subforum is that it's off-topic and lighthearted - threads that belong nowhere else and have no specific purpose. over-moderating it seems rather pointless
They tried other end and the result was ugly.

OP

Sometime people marry because everybody in his/her group is married. He/She is left out.
Or one day they find they met "the one" and get married. Sometimes it can be early or few times it can be very late.
"Internet is serious business" HeeHeeHee.
Losers/trolls waste time posting this "I don't feel like wasting time researching nonsense and trying to disprove the collective theories of a group of people that do not have, or deserve, even the tiniest shred of credibility. I'd rather amuse myself."
Sep 13, 2011
19 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
kamilio wrote:
May 29th, 2012 11:52 am
Hey,

This is geared towards the late 20s to mid 30s folks. Do you find that all of your friends are all of a sudden getting married? I feel like I blinked one day and all of a sudden I am old and it is time to become a neutered cat and play dad. I actually sort of panicked last night and spent hours listening to old school songs from my younger years for memories sakes.

Anyone else have friends who are getting married and find that life has passed too quickly and they are all of a sudden "old"? Life now is all about work, work, try to make more at work, weddings, baby showers, etc. anyone have a time machine? I want to go back to when I was carefree and life was simple (all about hanging out with friends and fun).

Help me I am old!!!!

Get married, maybe?
Dec 2, 2009
666 posts
188 upvotes
Markham
fo sho

but srsly get married