• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2018 6:20 pm
Tags:
Jul 7, 2007
805 posts
320 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:39 pm
Weren't going 0-60. Was rolling around 30-40 to around 100. Yeah I am sure, I could hear screaming exhaust. And also Ricer fly by once I let him pass, lol.
The 'screaming' exhaust that you hear is because your Leaf has zero sound insulation because well, it is cheaply made.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Andro wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:39 pm

Weren't going 0-60. Was rolling around 30-40 to around 100. Yeah I am sure, I could hear screaming exhaust. And also Ricer fly by once I let him pass, lol.

Edit: forgot to mention. I was in B (higher regen mode) and eco (limits power) . Forgot to turn them off at the time, as this is how I usually drive.
Zero Hope wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:42 pm
The 'screaming' exhaust that you hear is because your Leaf has zero sound insulation because well, it is cheaply made.
My windows were down. So yes, I had no insulation :facepalm:. Anything else ?
May 24, 2008
106 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
Andro wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:28 pm
I took c63 last gen recently in 2018 Leaf. Put about 3 cars on him before he started to catch up. Had to let him through as he was running out of road, trying desperately to pass me. Typically ice driver, clueless about instant torque)
More like he only realize you were gunning it when you were 3 cars on him and he just follow.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
macrossr wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:59 pm
More like he only realize you were gunning it when you were 3 cars on him and he just follow.
He may have been surprised somewhat, but he had a hard time catching up for sure. He was buthurt though and almost crashed trying to pass. Had to brake a bit as he was running out of lane and was pretty determined to pass, lol.
Sep 8, 2017
996 posts
807 upvotes
GTA
I have a feeling that you were the only one flooring it. And the MB wanted to get ahead, but just couldn't at part throttle while you were giving the Leaf everything it's got.

Big race.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
derass wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:07 pm
I have a feeling that you were the only one flooring it. And the MB wanted to get ahead, but just couldn't at part throttle while you were giving the Leaf everything it's got.

Big race.
Guy was riding my ass, even though other lane was open. I punched it, pretty much right away I hear full throttle from him, after about 3 cars he started to catch up very slowly. Wasn't really a race, as this is city. More like he got his ass handed to him and was on his way. I knew leaf had quite a punch on a roll but was surprised myself too. Btw I was in eco and highest regen mode, which limits power. So he only got a part of what was available.

Moral is that in a city all you need is instant torque and you are gone on your way. With ice you are limited by the engine, transmission, turbo, etc. EV are much more practical in this application without any drama. Police don't bat an eye on you either, since to them you just another econo hatch. Perfect sleeper)
Sep 8, 2017
996 posts
807 upvotes
GTA
Sitting in the passing lane with your EV?

I too like to floor my 500hp Mercedes when there's a car directly ahead...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9306 posts
2654 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
derass wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:35 pm
Sitting in the passing lane with your EV?

I too like to floor my 500hp Mercedes when there's a car directly ahead...
Did I say passing lane? Don't think so.
Sep 30, 2007
595 posts
367 upvotes
I'm really surprised this post by some young kid got so many replies.
Don't worry OP, 25 years ago I got 5.7 liter V8, with 6 speed MT. Had a lot of fun. Owned S6 and E30 afterwards.
But since then I grew up, got this adrenaline out of my system, and now totally contempt with driving EV.
You will too, one day.
Jun 1, 2017
221 posts
139 upvotes
xrvr wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:41 pm
I'm really surprised this post by some young kid got so many replies.
Don't worry OP, 25 years ago I got 5.7 liter V8, with 6 speed MT. Had a lot of fun. Owned S6 and E30 afterwards.
But since then I grew up, got this adrenaline out of my system, and now totally contempt with driving EV.
You will too, one day.

Why does enjoying an ICE car mean you are young and immature ? Im pretty sure there are plenty of elderly people that would scoff at your EV.

There are plenty of people that "grew up" and still prefer a gas vehicle over an electric vehicle any day, it's so surprising how many people forget that building a battery for an electric vehicle is not "clean" and that building a "regular" car is sometimes more environmentally safe.

Maybe one day the EV fad will die? who knows. All i know is that people see Tesla's as status symbols and give two craps about electric cars. What if hydrogen cars are the future? maybe someone will tell EV owners that they will grow up one day and cast aside the notion that EV's are actually that good.

/end rant.

Also would like to add that the Distance until recharge is very low compared to even my gas guzzler sports car. When an EV can do 1000kms on a charge let me know. Tesla is rated at a max of 337 miles ? under normal driving conditions .... you cant count hypermiling as that is just plain old silly like this article

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/05/tes ... milestone/
Jan 19, 2010
282 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 2:34 pm
So anyone driving a stock GTI is a douche? Nice. Well played.
No I didn't say that at all. Racing down a merging lane with your high pitched screaming combustion engine makes you look like a douche.

Where as an EV is silent, so no one knows when you're flooring it. Another added benefit is when you lose that race, no one probably knew you were racing them anyway.
Jan 19, 2010
282 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
NoPistons wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:08 pm
Also would like to add that the Distance until recharge is very low compared to even my gas guzzler sports car. When an EV can do 1000kms on a charge let me know. Tesla is rated at a max of 337 miles ? under normal driving conditions .... you cant count hypermiling as that is just plain old silly like this article
350kw chargers basically brings charging time down to 5/10 minutes - making 500km plenty of range. That said if you're the type to wear adult diapers and not have to stop to use a rest room at least once every six hours, then you'll be waiting a long time.

1000km ... seriously how often does anyone outside of a long-haul trucker drive that kind of distance in a day?
Jun 1, 2017
221 posts
139 upvotes
fromano wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:19 pm
350kw chargers basically brings charging time down to 5/10 minutes - making 500km plenty of range. That said if you're the type to wear adult diapers and not have to stop to use a rest room at least once every six hours, then you'll be waiting a long time.

1000km ... seriously how often does anyone outside of a long-haul trucker drive that kind of distance in a day?
Lets say i want to drive to anywhere farther than close to the american border i would have issues finding a supercharger. Have you actually looked at a map of chargers for Tesla on their website ? Or long trips between provinces .... there is no supercharge between Sudbury and Lethbridge on the Canadian side other than "coming soon" on the website.

1000kms per tank is more convenient because i don't have to google a charger or even a gas station one less stress in my life.

Dont even get me started on Tesla's policy on accident vehicles.
Sep 30, 2007
595 posts
367 upvotes
NoPistons wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:08 pm
compared to even my gas guzzler sports car.
You have fun comparing whatever the hell you want to compare, while bending over at the gas station, and taking it up the &^%.
I'll make sure to wave at you, while driving by in my quiet EV.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11195 posts
1650 upvotes
RFD
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 2:17 pm
LMAO...instant torque from a Nissan Leaf is the equivalent of a sneeze!
It's okay, you haven't been in one to try, so we'll let that laughable comment slide.