Real Estate

Why are few on RFD in the middle when it comes to RE?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2016 10:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
438 upvotes
BC
Again the whole premise of this thread is wrong - most people are not extreme and one way or the other. But fartfan is.
Go Raptors, Go!
Jan 30, 2006
870 posts
303 upvotes
rdx wrote: Exactly. Renters are going to rent regardless, and the longer they wait the harder for them to own later if they finally change their mind.
what you say is completely ridiculous
who is gonna own then? there are 200 000 shining new houses and condos in this country every year.
someone has to buy them - investors can't play hot potato forever.

sooner or later affordability will stabilize and it won't be any harder to buy than it was in the last 50 years. investors will suffer enormously. especially foreign
Sep 1, 2013
403 posts
97 upvotes
barricuda wrote: I consider myself to be in the middle when it comes to RE. Renter who does not want to pay for RE that I strongly feel is overpriced (GTA) but comfortable with the fact that these price levels could be the new normal (not expecting a crash) and I might be a forever renter. Pretty confident that I would get approved for mortgages for million dollar houses but just can't come to grips that is even close to their actual worth. Open to moving out of the GTA for the right opportunity, so home ownership might happen, but if it doesn't then no biggie.
So, is it normal or is it overpriced?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
Ironcat wrote: So, is it normal or is it overpriced?
I consider it to be overpriced personally, but acknowledge that there is no point in waiting for a crash if you are intent on owning. So if I choose to remain in the GTA, I am ok with being a renter forever.... If I get an opportunity to live in a affordable market then I will consider owning as well
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
I have a neighbour who has a family. Only 1 breadwinner in the family, largely working part-time no less. They bought a 560k bungalow, then added in some renovations. If they can do it.. so can you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)