Why is the FR-S/BRZ selling so poorly?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2015 12:54 am
Tags:
None
Mar 9, 2008
496 posts
43 upvotes
It's a fun enough car to drive. You don't need gobs of power for the street and it handles itself quite well especially on a standard tranny. It should have been badged a Toyota (Scion is just a horrible marketing experiment, one of Toyota's few failures), and one of the two manufacturers should have done something more severe to differentiate the two cars to give each of them more identity and "soul". I've never seen more or less exactly the same car sold by two different companies... hell even the Acura EL/CSX had more of a difference between it and a Civic.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Haha!

I always thought the twin had the turbo charged engines from the WRXs.

I didn't even realize until I read this thread now that the duo were not turbo charged LOL!

One thing for sure, people still love coupes.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
Fiddilixx wrote: The battery Subaru uses is cheap and its Cold Cranking Amps is severely under powered.

I've had the same problem with my Crosstrek last winter. In mild weather (-15*c) it would still take a few cranks to get going. The OEM battery is garbage, very low cranking power, went and got myself an optima red top for this winter.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
I wish this car sold better.. Then more manufacturers would be willing to risk developing rwd vehicles catered to a niche market
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
george__ wrote: I wish this car sold better.. Then more manufacturers would be willing to risk developing rwd vehicles catered to a niche market
Are you talking about RWD 4 banger coupes? I think there's a 4 banger turbo Camaro coming. There's already the Ecoboost Mustang.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
May 10, 2015
513 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
next gen sti brz/frs are going to be sick..
Feb 28, 2008
152 posts
46 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote: Anybody else having problems with their battery? My car always has problems starting in the cold...every winter I have to get it boosted at least once to start. It died again this last weekend when I was changing my winter tires. After charging the battery, I was getting CEL lights galore...turns out due to low voltage on battery. I got the dealership to swap in a 600 cca battery instead, hopefully this will solve my problems.

Never had this problem and I drove it all winter last year.

Parked at least 9 hours a day outside in the snow as well. But I don't know it could just be your area or.....a defective battery.